• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gabi_096
    started a topic Corel Draw CS6 join points

Corel Draw CS6 join points

Hi to Everyone!

Please help me to connect the blue, red and green curves to create a shape which can be filled with color.

• subscribe
    replied
    Smart Fill

[IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• Heartburn_02
    replied
    Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
    The op hasn't been back since posting this.

In Illustrator, I'd just copy and paste the thing on a new layer, Lock the old layer, select all, outline path, Unite using pathfinder, release compound path, remove the outer path, fill remaining shape, unlock, flatten and send to back.
    Dunno if that translates to coreldraw.
    My CorelDraw is ancient, version 9, so it hasn't got lots of features that I'm sure Illustrator has, and probably the latest releases of CorelDraw. One thing that frustrates me with it, is that if I just have two lines intersecting at some random angle, that I just can't request that a fillet radius is created between these lines. I find using the path tools to edit nodes etc is really useless. I suppose if I was using this stuff day and daily to earn my living I would have invested long ago in Illustrator, but as it's just more or less an interest / hobby I couldn't justify coughing up lots of lolly, if I even had the lolly to cough up. :-) But I will say, having such limitations does force me to explore other avenues, then I learn more about other features and tools I didn't know were there. Now someone will probably tell about the FILLET tool and I will feel like a right wally :-) Please do. It will be worth the humiliation to know it's there :-)

Leave a comment:

• PrintDriver
    replied
    The op hasn't been back since posting this.

In Illustrator, I'd just copy and paste the thing on a new layer, Lock the old layer, select all, outline path, Unite using pathfinder, release compound path, remove the outer path, fill remaining shape, unlock, flatten and send to back.
    Dunno if that translates to coreldraw.

Leave a comment:

• Heartburn_02
    replied
    This is briefly how I would do it. Can't really be bothered going into more detail, but hopefully this points in the right direction. I think with all programs, its the problems that you encounter that force you to use your initiative and discover what way you can use the program to provide a solution. I find the biggest problems are where I learn the most. I use CAD programs every day where things like this can be done in seconds. I think graphic design programs are so naff in comparison.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• skribe
    replied
    Its been a long time since I used corel draw. However, because of the nature of vector graphics you are not going to be able to connect those lines like you think. You must have a closed path to fill it with color. Your best option is to create a new closed shape that lies directly under those lines and fill it with color.

Leave a comment:

• KitchWitch
    replied
    Hi Gabi and welcome to GDF!

We ask that all new members take a few minutes read through important threads here and here. These will explain our rules, answer frequently asked questions and explain some of the long running jokes you'll run into.

Enjoy your stay.

Leave a comment:

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X