Saving Files! Aghhh!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Files! Aghhh!

I am really at a loss here, and any input, advice, or anything would be useful.
    I use CorelDraw x5 for a sign company. Everything I make is large for signage when it comes to resolution, and it needs to be.
    Now, I am making smaller things, like business cards, web flyers, and flyers for print, and 10-40 page reports.
    When I publish to PDF, save a gif, png, jpg, or psd. The file is huge.
    A basic flyer is saving at 2-8 mb.
    People are asking stuff as little as 100k for press releases, and on average flyers less than 1mb!
    I can design like no other I guess you can say, but obviously I need to learn a thing or two about saving them! (when not being sent to a wide format printer, that is)
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

What Corel are you using? Corel Paint or Draw? Or are they the same thing?

Most printers should be able to give you a .joboptions file that complies with their PDF standards for printing.

Failing that 2mb is pretty normal for a flyer.

If there's a lot of vector elements this can significantly increase the size of the file. If these are increasing they file size too much for the printers* then you may need to rasterise these, and I'd do these to the size of 600 PPI minimum.

If you've got raster images/photos, they should be downsampled to the printers recommended PPI.

*Why would they complain about file size of 8mb, or whatever size? Internet speeds are very fast these days, and with cloud storage and FTP sites sending files of large sizes are a cinch.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Yeh I don't understand the issue with the file size being too big?

Anyway - gif, png, psd etc. are not print formats.

The PDF is probably best (but check with printers) and use their .joboptions file for creating the PDF.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Well. Your problem is not clear.

Do you have any problem exporting a file to PDF. Or Saving to PDF. Or your file gets currupt while saving.

Please explain, i also use coreldraw x5 and do all kind of work with it.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X