Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to choose a scanner?

Hello guys,

Does anybody use scanner for their drawings or illustrations here?
    I'm looking for a scanner to buy for very detailed pencil drawing scans. I attached an example here what kind of quality i need.
    Could you recommend something or share your experience?
    Thank you.
    Attached Files

Hi St_vytautas and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

There aren't that many scanners to choose from any more. I use a Canoscan 8800 and I'd buy another Canoscan in a minute. Good machine.

Comment

I bought a Canoscan based on PrintDriver's recommendation, and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. It's a workhorse.
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very reliable and produce high-quality scans. Unfortunately they're several hundred dollars more than the Canoscan.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
            There aren't that many scanners to choose from any more. I use a Canoscan 8800 and I'd buy another Canoscan in a minute. Good machine.
            Good choice :I appreciate

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
              Reply to Advice on simple banking-style design
              PrintDriver
              Too many words.
              I grew up playing text only adventure games. The banking was always the easiest part. You put your loot into whatever passed for a ''bank'' and kept on playing.

For...
              Today, 08:09 PM
            • Splashsky
              Advice on simple banking-style design
              Splashsky
              So, for a little background, I'm working on a text-based web game as a passion project. I'm no designer; far from it. I'm working on the banking feature of the game, which as a few features. The banking...
              Today, 12:10 PM
            • PrintDriver
              Comment on QuarkXPress 2017 introduced
              PrintDriver
              Hi wcali, nice rant. A lot of the software companies are forgetting their main purpose in life.
              The Output.
              As a printer, I have been going round and round with Adobe over features they have...
              Today, 08:46 AM
            • Peter3v
              Reply to Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
              Peter3v
              Hey B - If interested people would like to message me on earth2pete@hotmail.com that would be great. Thank you
              Today, 06:52 AM
            • Breanne.C
              Reply to Helloooooo!
              Breanne.C
              Actually, I do have a print related issue if you'd like to take a stab at helping me with. Should I post in the correct category with the issue and picture that goes with it?
              Yesterday, 10:29 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X