How to set up a Tshirt design template on your website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set up a Tshirt design template on your website

Can anyone lead me in the right direction on this? I've been designing for quite some time now and would like to step up my game in the t-shirt department. I'd like to embed a system into my website that allows people to create a t-shirt using designs that I've already made. I'd like a system such as VistaPrint and Custom Ink have. You know, the template they use where you can sign on and design it yourself.

Does anyone know how I can incorporate a system like that into my site? Is it a program I need to purchase?

Thank you,
    Craig

• CraigFDR
    replied
    Thank you very much for taking the time to list those for me! I'm definitely going to check all of them out. I'm not very familiar at all with CMS, so I suppose it'll be another journey in my life. I enjoy learning new things even if it's very time consuming. I think the only problem I'll encounter is finding the time to learn the system with the client load and 3 kids and my wife, haha.

Leave a comment:

• B
    replied
    How familiar are you with content management systems (CMS) and web application scripting?

There's an add-on component for Joomla (a CMS) called VirtueMart, which, in turn, has an add-on called Product Builder.

Drupal (another CMS) has something similar called Drupal Commerce, but I'm not very familiar with it.

Finally, there's Magento (a CMS devoted solely to e-commerce). There's an extension available for it called Product Configurator, but again, I haven't actually used it.

I'm not at all sure if any of these off-the-shelf solutions will do exactly what you need, but my best guess is that they're as close as you're going to get. The Joomla VirtueMart add-on might work for what you need, but I'm unsure if it will allow customer artwork uploads, if you were even thinking about that.You might try Googling the items I've mentioned above in italics; they might lead to some ideas or other, more suitable, products.

This is all reasonably complicated stuff with a steep learning curve unless you're already intimately familiar with CMS systems. It won't be a casual investment of your time. My best guess is that both VistaPrint and Custom Ink are using custom-programmed solutions, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Leave a comment:

• CraigFDR
    replied
    I do have a screen printing press. I've googled how to implement the template system into a website, but after hours of nothing I can't figure it out

Leave a comment:

• PrintDriver
    replied
    Do you print T-shirts?

If not, something like Etsy or Cafe Press may be more in order.

Leave a comment:

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X