Hatchbuck versus something like MailChimp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatchbuck versus something like MailChimp

I work for a midsized company and I'm looking for some advice on an e-mail marketing program. Right now we are signed up to use Hatchbuck, but I've never heard of it in my life. I'm wondering how it compares to the larger services like MailChimp and if I should stay with it or choose a different program.

Thank you!

Hi Crazy and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Welcome

Haven't heard of Hatchbuck either, sorry.
      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Most of the junk emails I get from vendors and industry news sources are from Constant Contact.
        But I have no personal experience with any of them. Spam is spam.

Comment

Hatchbuck has both your CRM and marketing tools together which makes it different from Mailchimp, Constant Contact and other newsletter systems. Those are only going to be for email. With a more robust software, it would be beneficial to tinker in the system and/or take advantage of any training they provide before deciding to jump ship. Just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it won't be useful for you

Comment

Hi Blondie and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I use Constant Contact for all my marketing spam.

Comment

Thanks all. @blondie - I'll give it a more robust look through.

Comment

Speaking of Spam....
                  Does anyone else think that was just a little too convenient?

Comment

• HotButton
                    HotButton commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Heh.

"Hatchbuck has both your CRM and marketing tools together which makes it different from Mailchimp, Constant Contact and other newsletter systems."

...does have a bit o' stank on it.

Well, I do get google alerts Social media manager here at Hatchbuck. We all have a job...

In defense of email marketing, it's not all spam. It's an effective channel to drive sales for business when done right. Unfortunately, many companies cross that line.

Comment

• HotButton
                    HotButton commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If it was a Google alert that brought you here to offer an authoritative response, then you and Google are doing your jobs well.

What would have made it (this forum thread) SPAM is if the originating post was a "plant," intentionally written by you or an associate for the purpose of disseminating product information on the forum. But you'd not do such a thing, right?

And of course it is inaccurate to classify all email marketing as SPAM. That to which I actually subscribe is often very useful.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RMo
                  Reply to Please review my -responsive design- website
                  RMo
                  Hey,

some quick things:
                  • your page is just a tiny bit too wide. There is a scrollbar at the bottom. That shouldn't be there
                  • add a favicon
                  • there is a massive amount of space after loading
                  Today, 03:18 PM
                • Bilberryblue
                  Reply to Photography peeps, I need your help!
                  Bilberryblue
                  Thanks for the reply. The one who told me this already played the game, and he said that a puzzle would appear once changed to b and w. He said a graphic artist or an app could do this.

Today, 10:41 AM
                • kemingMatters
                  Comment on Photography peeps, I need your help!
                  kemingMatters
                  You might be able to do something with a photocopier, as some colours dropout (yellows) and others turn darker than you'd think
                  Today, 10:06 AM
                • KitchWitch
                  Reply to Photography peeps, I need your help!
                  KitchWitch
                  Hi Bilberryblue and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                  Today, 09:20 AM
                • KitchWitch
                  Reply to ROOTS Logo
                  KitchWitch
                  Hi Biabarrackus and welcome to GDF.

This thread is over ten years old, but thanks for the input.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain...
                  Today, 09:18 AM
                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X