What software is used to make connect the dot images/

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What software is used to make connect the dot images/

Hello all. I have been looking for software that will make creating connect the dot images and have, so far, been unable to find anything that works.
    Here is a link to an image that is like what I want to be able to do.

http://www.reachandteach.com/content...1_original.jpg

There is one web site that has a in browser program that will let me make a connect the dot image, but the final image is not what I want.
    The short comings of this online program is
    1. all dots are numbered--I need dots with an alpha sequence like in the image I linked to.
    2. The final product is only dots, there no way for me to leave sections of the image that provides a clue as to what the final picture will be once all the dots are created.

So my question is, does anyone know of software that can help in this process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi Amin and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

You're looking for a software program that will take an image you supply and turn it into a dot-to-dot? Why not just make it yourself? You could place the image on a locked layer in Illustrator, then create your dot points on another layer and number or letter them as you please.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Hi i have a similar question I have a client looking for quite complex dot to dot or connect by number type puzzles - some number ranges from as much as 1-500... eeek!! The examples they have given from a competitor are far to uniform and precise to be hand generated in my opinion. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Comment

Hi Igdesign and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

If the image is a vector, there are multiple ways you can use illustrator to automatically convert all lines to dots. Where it gets difficult is in deciding where to connect broken lines. Connect-the-dot images are usually one continuous line; where as many line drawings have multiple lines that are isolated from the larger picture. That's why the eyes and the mouth are not part of the dot-connecting in the image that you've shown.

It's also difficult to make some parts of the image recognizable as a dot drawing. Some parts are too small and would be interfered with by numerals getting in the way. Some parts require more solidity than a line to be recognized. What it all comes down to is that you might need to use your brain instead of a computer algorithm to develop the more intuitive human-recognizable patterns when creating a connect-the-dot. It's like trying to find a computer algorithm that can solve CAPTCHAs.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• seamas
              Comment on Poster for a school project
              seamas
              I dunno, I think it is worse when the dead headliners DO show up.

Not very sexy imho
              Yesterday, 05:18 PM
            • PrintDriver
              Comment on Looking for the graphic designer of a certain graphic
              PrintDriver
              I'm a creature of necessity. A lot of times the end client will want an actual signed release and a real photo credit, so you have to attempt to find the artist.
              Love doing image research for projects....
              Yesterday, 05:10 PM
            • PrintDriver
              Reply to Work from UK for an US company
              PrintDriver
              All I can suggest is consult a tax expert in the UK. If your company doesn't mind you moonlighting like this, maybe they could suggest someone for you.
              Income is Income and the Gov always seems...
              Yesterday, 05:05 PM
            • PrintDriver
              Comment on Work from UK for an US company
              PrintDriver
              I do business with people in the UK a lot. Because the gig they hire us for is going to be in the US, they time shift their design staff so they are available during US Eastern Time. It's the only way...
              Yesterday, 05:02 PM
            • PrintDriver
              Comment on Poster for a school project
              PrintDriver
              Especially if the headliners aren't going to show up...
              Yesterday, 04:55 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X