Email setup for multiple addresses - best practices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email setup for multiple addresses - best practices

I'm a one-person shop and have been managing my business email through my gmail account (with the option to send and receive under the alias of my business address). All very professional until this morning when a new lead asked me to send a calendar invitation for the meeting we've arranged. For the life of me I could not get Gmail to send a calendar invitation from my work email address. I scrambled to set up Outlook (which I had used briefly a year or so ago) and was able to sort of set that up to function as needed. But now Outlook is backing up my entire gmail account and I'm concerned how this will affect my email client server on my iPhone etc.

Does anyone have a best-practice for their email setup? Any preferred software apps?

I'm on a MacBook Pro and use an iPhone 4S (I know! ancient technology).

Originally posted by Raleighsprite View Post
    But now Outlook is backing up my entire gmail account and I'm concerned how this will affect my email client server on my iPhone etc.
    Unless there is something you're not telling, I'd say Outlook isn't necessarily "backing up" your gmail account, but rather something more like "fetching" it. And, I don't think it should affect the gmail account itself, or your iPhone gmail client at all.
    I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Originally posted by HotButton View Post

Unless there is something you're not telling, I'd say Outlook isn't necessarily "backing up" your gmail account, but rather something more like "fetching" it. And, I don't think it should affect the gmail account itself, or your iPhone gmail client at all.
      Ah perhaps fetch is a better term: there is a progress bar at the bottom and it says Dowloading ## of ##### (and since I'm an email hoarder, the of # is around 25,000). My concern is when I used Outlook briefly in the past, it did the same thing until I shut Outloook. Now when I do a search on my computer I get references to Outlook emails, though they seem to be only for the brief period I used the app. So thinking they are downloading somewhere on my hard drive for offline use.

Comment

Don't assume they are downloading. Depending on how your mail is set up, it may only be accessing and cataloging from your email server.
        Where I work, on the mac with an IMAP account, you have to physically tell Outlook to download. Might be different if you are using POP. That has more customizable settings in your email preferences than IMAP does.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X