No announcement yet.

OSX Sierra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... How many bleeding edgers do we have?
    Anyone done the upgrade yet?
    I see the Adobe installers and the update manager ''may not function properly.''
    And Photoshop launches Siri if you use the Cmd+space zoom shortcut. There is also a scroll bar redraw issue.

Haven't done it yet.
    Still waiting for the dust to settle.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
      So... How many bleeding edgers do we have?
      Anyone done the upgrade yet?
      Nope, My old cheesegrater Mac Pro is stuck at 10.7 (Mountain Lion?). I have a new Mac Mini waiting to be installed and a MBP, but I haven't upgraded either yet…waiting for more info like this before I do.

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
      And Photoshop launches Siri if you use the Cmd+space zoom shortcut.
      LMAO! Oops…
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

The upgrade window just popped up. I can't decide if I should or not. My computer is pretty new, so the specs are fine to upgrade.

Just want to see the feedback before I upgrade...
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Same here, just installed my CS6 MC on a new 2015 iMac Retina with El Cap and have managed to get all the software working properly (after some minor issues with PS, Illustrator and Indesign). Thinking about the upgrade to Sierra but don't want to mess up a good thing.

Comment

I just upgraded to Sierra on my home Mac Mini today because the latest version of Parallels needed it. Unfortunately, now my copy of Windows says the serial number is invalid. Aggghhh! I'm not sure what's going on there.

As for the Macintosh side of the upgrade, it took around three hours, but it's working now reasonably well (after disabling all the new iOS-like notification features). When I opened Illustrator CS6, it required me to download an older version of Java to get it going, but wasn't a big deal. What is a bigger deal, probably, is that it's a sign of CS6 becoming obsolete in terms of compatibility with new operating systems. I'm still holding out here at home against Adobe's ransom-ware schemes and will stick with CS6 as long as possible.

Comment

That old version Java download has been around since Maverick and for CS5
              What I'd recommend is you put that download on a thumb drive and keep it someplace safe. If an update is posted, don't overwrite it. Just add it to the thumb drive. It's an Apple thing, not Adobe, in this case. It may not help in the future, but not for lack of trying.

Comment

I need to upgrade to this latest version to use premier pro, but my Macbook pro (purchased in 2012) won't upgrade, mainly because it won't restart. I've installed the upgrade and then had to manually shut down, but the upgrade did not take effect.

I've done some research and the issue seems fairly common. As far as the fix is concerned I've seen varying degrees of potential fixes; most of which sound too technical for me to figure out (I don't know anything about the mac command prompt).

If anyone has ran into this issue with their mac not restarting and/or upgrading and has found a solution, please let me know!

Comment

The update stays stuck at zero seconds for up to 2 hours. if you bailed on the install thinking it was stuck and you can't restart the machine, is there any other Mac around you can use to make a boot disk? (disk can be thumb drive.) You do have to use Terminal to do that and it too can lag for about 20 minutes while it writes the boot code, but you may need a boot to redownload the update.
                  Or take it to a Mac store. They should have a boot drive available and can redo the update for you.
                  My next break, I look up the Terminal commands to do it. But you can't do it on a dead mac.

Comment

They've made it much easier. No terminal commands. Just be sure you do the prep on the thumbdrive as indicated (and make sure the thumb drive is big enough...)
                    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202796
                    Last edited by PrintDriver; 12-27-2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I should also point out, be sure to follow those instructions carefully.
                      You have to manually select the thumb drive when telling the installer where to put the new upgrade. If you skip this step, you will be installing on the computer you are using, probably not something you want to be doing.

Comment

Thanks for the info PD.

I'll have to look into this in more detail later, but at a glance it seems similar to other things I've looked up where there's basically a risk of deleting everything.

I can back up files, but I'm not sure about my software.

Even if I am not trying to update, my system will not restart. My Mac is not dead by any means. I can still use it for pretty much everything except updating.

If all else fails I guess I'll take a trip to the local Apple store where it's busy as hell all hours of the day and wait to speak with one of the geniuses.

Comment

Better than going and waiting, set up something online for your local store. I think you can make a genius bar appt.
                          They work better with you if you interface with them by computer or phone (even if it isn't an iPhone.)

Comment

• calebninja
                            calebninja commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Awesome! I'll try this. Thanks.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                        Working...
                        X