Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an Online Graphic Design Tool with Specific Features

Hey everyone!

I'm looking for an online graphic design tool (it doesn't have to be free) that is really simple to use. I'm looking to make infographics/reports that will basically consist of a chart, a graph, and then 2 tips/tricks which will basically be some images, some text, and some cool visualizations. Pretty standard so far. I actually tried Piktochart, and I LOVED the interface, but it was still too limiting, unfortunately.

So this leads me to the few features that are complex that I really need:

1. I need to be able to create the graph/chart in the tool itself (or maybe there is a partner tool? But if I have to make a chart/graph in Excel, then it always looks bad and non-native in a graphic design tool.)
    2. I need to be able to create a line graph with a logarithmic scale
    3. I need to be able to make a more traditional chart, but in between the numbers, I'd like to have right arrows pointing to the next number. I realize that this is possible with basic tools and text boxes, but it's extremely time consuming, and these are reports that I will build on month-to-month (so, if I have a chart from July-Sept, in October, I'll need to add October). So always having to reformat the chart using text boxes and individual images every month would be insane. Honestly, the most ideal scenario for this is if a tool has a feature where I can simply grid an entire section of the report and then just build the chart that way.

Thanks for any leads/help here!!

Hi Tommy_New and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how the forum runs, the rules, frequently discussed topics and our inside jokes. Your first few posts must be approved by a moderator, so don't panic if they don't show up right away. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Good question. I'm sure there's a market for this. I currently draw all my info graphics manually in Illustrator or Indesign. It's quite time consuming but it means I have full control. Hopefully others may have a solution for you.

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

It must exist somewhere because that is exactly the format one of my IRA accounts uses in its monthly reports, including the year to date feature and indicator note arrows. And they must use it on a massive yet individually based variable data set. No idea what it might be though.

Comment

Look for programs that create dashboard reports. That sounds like what you're talking about.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I've seen some people put together some pretty decent graphs/charts, etc. through Power BI ... maybe, MAYBE, that would work.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
            Reply to Portfolio usage of work
            PrintDriver
            Why would you have someone else's work on your portfolio site?
            Why would you not honor a takedown notice?
            Doesn't matter if you don't claim copyright, or even if you credit the work appropriately....
            Yesterday, 07:50 PM
          • John G
            Reply to What do you think about my new web site?
            John G
            I'd recommend colored borders. love it that you can scroll down and I think "get all the information". Unfortunately, it's in a foreign language none of anything seems to whittle anythng down,...
            Yesterday, 07:28 PM
          • MikeTyler
            Reply to Help with bitmap to vector conversion
            MikeTyler
            The fact that this will be a paint mask and really just needs clean shapes with no regard for color palette I'd assume would be an easier task than taking a full color JPG image and performing the same...
            Yesterday, 06:31 PM
          • John G
            Reply to visually pleasing web design
            John G
            Remember all the things that made it easy to find whatever it was you were looking for on a site? Don't forget about it when you make your designs. The designs come second. Content first.

Yesterday, 06:26 PM
          • Thug-D
            Comment on What should I do? Problem figuring out what would be more economical to spend on?
            Thug-D
            I'm 17. I do not think my passion is going to change because to be honest since the time I was a kid I found computer graphics pretty dope. It's just that last year I got involved in it. At first I thought...
            Yesterday, 05:58 PM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X