Flawed Vinyl Prints from Flexisign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flawed Vinyl Prints from Flexisign

I've been having a recurring but also somewhat intermittent error when trying to print using FlexiSign. To use one of my current projects as an example, what I'm trying to print is basically two layers - one a background gradient, the other a foreground pattern layered on top of it. In FlexiSign's print preview panel everything looks as it should. So I proceed to send it to the production manager. Once it finishes ripping and printing the post preview image in the production manager shows a mysterious missing square where the background gradient is still present but the foreground pattern is not but by then it's too late as I can already see it from the printed vinyl and have wasted material and time.

This doesn't happen with all my projects in FlexiSign but it has happened on three other entirely separately designed projects and when it happens it's always the same, the background is printed but the above layer is not in one small square-shaped segment that is always located in the bottom right corner of the print. What's more we're talking huge Vinyl prints here so any mistake is extremely expensive and it definitely limits my ability to perform trial and error.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this to happen? I'll be updating this with photos of the problem tomorrow, hopefully, but the sooner I can get this sorted out the better for my peace of mind.

Hi Paluse123 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Are you creating these files or someone else?
      When you check the file is there anything in that space that is selectable?

Do you have an auto slug or other labeling option activated?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KitchWitch
        Reply to Photography peeps, I need your help!
        KitchWitch
        Hi Bilberryblue and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
        Today, 09:20 AM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to ROOTS Logo
        KitchWitch
        Hi Biabarrackus and welcome to GDF.

This thread is over ten years old, but thanks for the input.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain...
        Today, 09:18 AM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
        KitchWitch
        Hi Arka and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
        Today, 09:16 AM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
        KitchWitch
        Our dinner went as well as can be expected (with some relative's limited cooking skills) and no drama. My mom was sick, though, snuck up on her in the morning with shakes, muscle aches and a low fever....
        Today, 09:15 AM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
        PrintDriver
        Yeah, I've had some mighty fine cloudy cider while over in the UK.

But here, people just aren't used to cider that isn't all bubbly and sickly sweet and clear as light beer. This was pretty...
        Today, 08:25 AM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X