Looking for Menu Design Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Menu Design Software

Hello-I am looking for software to help create menus and such for restaurants and bars...any suggestions?

Hi Rachel and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.

If I was designing a menu, it would probably be in Adobe InDesign. If you're asking if there is a program specifically created to create only menus, not that I'm aware of.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

LOL! (and just a little bit.....sad.....)
      https://spark.adobe.com/make/menu-maker/
      Last edited by PrintDriver; 07-12-2017, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• KitchWitch
        KitchWitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow.

I suggested Adobe photoshop

Comment

• PrintDriver
        PrintDriver commented
        Editing a comment
        Photoshop is NOT NOT NOT a layout tool.
        Especially a menu with small type.
        But if that's the quality you want to serve up for your clients, Have at it.

• aldorabancroft
        aldorabancroft commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello PrintDriver, Thanks for you opinions.

The person has not mentioned in thread that he wants layout tool. Most of the web designer are using photoshop to create and website template and other webpages.

Yup, Your Professional software company hard at work.
      This is apropos:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2palm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	21284

Comment

I would take serious exception to doing a menu for a website in Photoshop also. Maybe perhaps to mockup, but certainly not to implement.

Comment

Creating a menu in Photoshop would be a disaster. There's little to no alignment tools - bitmap type is small sizes print terribly - Your file size is likely to be enormous. Color will not match when you output to print.

If you're using the adobe suite, inDesign would be the way to go. Hands down. If you'd like to do a background for the menu in photoshop and import it, that would be acceptable. Never do typesetting or print layouts in photoshop though. Ever.

Comment

Never do typesetting or print layouts in photoshop though. Ever.
            I wouldn't go that far. You can typeset in photoshop for something like a billboard (=viewed at 100foot distance at 70mph.) I do a lot of scenery that incorporates typographic elements into the photoshop file in some way that doesn't rely on the copy being 100% legible. But for something hand held? Photoshop, no.

Comment

Ok maybe not ever. I do album design with some isolated typography. But at the end of the day it was a photoshop project from the start. I'm not going to import the spread to another program for a few lines of type.

But a menu? i'd rather walk into traffic.

Comment

• B
                B commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, I agree (even though it goes against conventional wisdom).

In 4-color process printing, when the edges of letters are made up of halftone dots from four separate plates, it really makes little difference whether the type is raster or vector. Either way, the typography will have no higher resolution than the lines per inch of the screen dots.

Of course, it's best to avoid that sort of thing with text-sized type because of the relatively low resolution and the possible misregistration issues. And it would make no sense to type a paragraph of text into Photoshop for a dozen different reasons.

But in those one-off instances, like an album cover or a book jacket where a 4-color headline, for example, is part of the artwork, bringing that artwork into InDesign just to place a headline or subhead, accomplishes nothing. Besides, if the headline is part of the artwork, there are more possibilities for visually integrating the letters into the imagery in Photoshop than in InDesign.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mixlikes
              Reply to ​What is your favorite forum software?
              mixlikes
              Favorite forum software:
              1. phpBB
              2. MyBB
              3. Vanilla Forum
              4. XenForo
              5. Simple Machines Forum
              Today, 03:43 AM
            • Caleson
              Reply to Questions about Business Cards, Self Promotion
              Caleson
              Actually, I was referring to applying for employment. I'm kind of mixed on whether or not it would be a good idea, but I think overall, if the card is pretty creative, it could serve as a memorable token....
              Yesterday, 09:59 PM
            • fredz0003
              Logo critique for my personal blog
              fredz0003
              Hi, I am new to this forum. A bit about myself I am a programmer, and trying to build a professional looking blog. I've done web dev before, but I've never considered myself the artistic type. I followed...
              Yesterday, 04:57 PM
            • B
              Reply to Any Tech Geeks please help me?!
              B
              Of the options you mentioned, upgrading the RAM will make the most difference for the cost. Eight megabytes of RAM is almost a bare minimum when working with Adobe's graphics applications -- 16 is even...
              Yesterday, 04:56 PM
            • mrturner
              Any Tech Geeks please help me?!
              mrturner
              I am currently doing my graphics design work on my laptop which specs are listed below, It really does struggle to handle software like photoshop and illustrator. Do I, upgrade RAM? An 8GB ram stick for...
              Yesterday, 04:16 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X