No announcement yet.

​What is your favorite forum software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​What is your favorite forum software?

Trying to figure out what everyone's favorite forum software is, as a user, administrator, whatever?
    vBulletin
    60.00%
    XenForo
    0%
    SMF
    0%
    phpBB
    20.00%
    Discourse
    0%
    Vanilla Forums
    0%
    Invision Power Board
    20.00%
    Burning Board
    0%
    Telligent Evolution
    0%
    Phorum
    0%

Before selling it, I used to own a phpBB-based outdoor recreation forum. The software was free and a bit of a pain to update, but it worked very well. What I don't like at all are the latest versions of vBulletin, which this forum runs on.

Comment

SMF

Comment

Hi Hituser001 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

vbulletin

Comment

Hi Sadzness and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Favorite forum software:
              1. phpBB
              2. MyBB
              3. Vanilla Forum
              4. XenForo
              5. Simple Machines Forum

Comment

I'd normally let these kinds of things go as a matter of opinion, but in this case, with people recommending vBulletin, I need to say something.

Quite likely the worst so-called upgrade in the history of all software was vBulletin 3.x to 4.x. It's now at, what, version 5.x, and from everything I've read and from personal experience, it's still a nightmare. The big forums using vBulletin are mostly still running 3.x and refuse to "upgrade" for obvious reasons. Even the vBulletin user forum ( vBulletin.org ) operated by the company that now owns vBulletin hasn't upgraded from 3.x -- presumably because they know better than anyone that their own software is a disaster.

I'll save you some research time, but please do a few Google searches of your own:

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X