What laptop should I purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What laptop should I purchase

I really can't decide on a laptop to purchase. My price range is 1000-1500, and I don't care if its a MacBook or a PC.

Please help

What do you plan to do with this laptop?

The usual recommendation is to get something with a good graphics card, a fast processor, at least 500gig on board hard drive (SSD) and at least 16gigs of ram. 32 or more is better. Beyond that, it really depends on what you plan to do with it.
    If doing pro work for paying clients, I'd highly recommend some sort of outboard file backup, something that isn't going to end up in the same mud puddle as the laptop.

Comment

Hi Nods and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

To be sure you have enough muscle to get through most graphic design projects Iíd look for something with 16gb ram minimum, an i7 (quad core and not Ďuí version). Something else thatís important is the screen in terms of resolution, color gamut and color accuracy. For design or photography youíll want at least 1920x1080 resolution (higher is better too), a color gamut at least 98% of the sRGB color space (or Adobe RGB if you want the best or are a serious photographer) and a color accuracy of delta 3 or lower (a delta less that 1 would be great). Also pay attention that how wide the viewing angles are, wider is better.

Comment

That's why I asked what he plans to do with it. What you just described is more than a $1500 machine.

Comment

You could always look into older models with high specs as well. 4th gen intel quad i7 is still decent enough.

Comment

Go with the latest i5 if you're on a budget or go with a 4th gen i7

Comment

Hi I am Chris. I recommend the Dell Inspiron 5765 series laptop. It is a wonderful laptop for Graphic Designers or gamers, I have one myself and it is very fantastic.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Breanne.C
                  Helloooooo!
                  Breanne.C
                  Hey everyone! My name is Breanne. I didn't realize there was an introduction spot until after I tried making my first post to identify a font. Ooopsie!

I'm from the Seattle area, a freelance...
                  Today, 05:31 PM
                • Breanne.C
                  Font ID Please
                  Breanne.C
                  Hey folks! I need help identifying the font in this logo, just the text "Fire Medic." Can anyone help ID it?

Today, 03:56 PM
                • chikisg84
                  Comment on Need feedback on best way to start redesigning my portfiolio website
                  chikisg84
                  Thank you so much for your input. What you said about Joomla templates basically dictating the look and feel of the site is basically the reason I've held so long to my current site. I have not found...
                  Today, 03:32 PM
                • Biggs097
                  Reply to Price of Foil vs. Varnish for business cards?
                  Biggs097
                  Keep in mind the cost of the tooling the dye is a one time cost. The next lot of cards wont include the tooling cost.
                  StudioMonkey is also correct of the cost vs. your volume. 100 cards may run...
                  Today, 02:42 PM
                • B
                  Reply to Need feedback on best way to start redesigning my portfiolio website
                  B
                  Joomla is my CMS of choice. For that matter, I'm working on some template modifications for a Joomla site this morning.

For a small personal site, Joomla might be overkill. It's certainly...
                  Today, 02:11 PM
                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X