Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Carlo
    Reply to Changing color mode InDesign
    Carlo
    Depends on the version of InDesign you are working with and if you use color in other parts of your document that you want to maintain.

If you have cs6 or later you can convert your color...
    Today, 11:13 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    PrintDriver
    We only use minis to run AV equipment. :}
    If you are going to use a mini, I might still suggest you get outboard file storage. A small RAID or high cap SSD.
    Every "adapter" you will...
    Today, 11:01 PM
  • Aurust
    Illustrator Quick Click Copy
    Aurust
    I was wondering if there is a quick easy way to copy a graphic and then have it pasted every time I click? I've tried the Alt+drag copy but it gets a little tiring quickly. Is there any way to accomplish...
    Today, 09:50 PM
  • KrazyLady
    Comment on My First Design Assignment.
    KrazyLady
    Hi Billy, Thanks for your feedback I had to lower the resolution to get the file small enough to post on this forum. (that's the only way I know how to make a file smaller at this point). If there...
    Today, 09:24 PM
  • iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    Awesome. Thanks! Ya, it will have 16gb which is double what my pro is right now....
    Today, 08:52 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop .JPGs and MS Word

How come sometimes when I save a .JPG in PS MS Word won't let me import it. It comes up with a red box with an x through it (just like the broken link icon)? [img]/emoticons/frusty.gif[/img]

P.S. I effing hate MS Word, but I'm sometimes forced to use it so that Ad Execs can use certain files. [img]/emoticons/frusty.gif[/img]

Support Music and Arts Education
    www.dafenix.org

i've only ever had problems importing jpgs into word when the image was saved from a mac. if i were you, i'd bribe the imps inside...they like licorice.

btw - i feel your pain. i once had to layout an entire systems manual in word. i think i actually lost hair over that one. and friends.

!!!Laissezles Bon Temps ROULEZ!!!

Comment

Whats the doc you're making Delete? Do they HAVE to be .jpg files?

I dunno sh!t about word other than typing in it honestly tho )

I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

God! Word is the crappiest program for anything other than typing a letter in.

You should use TIFs. I went through tons of troubleshooting trying to get anything done in Word when I approached it with my knowledge of Quark and Print. You cannot use any logical form of thought when working with Word.

Also, keep in mind that when you eMail the Word Doc to the recipent, your JPG or TIF, or GIF is no longer what it was... it will be automatically converted to a WMF. Which is compltely worthless save for viewing onscreen or printing from a desk jet.

Word SHOULD NEVER be used for Layout or Design! IT SUCKS!

Brien J Tomassetti

Comment

i agree. you're preaching to the choir on that one.

Comment

Better yet, try converting your Word doc to a PDF... it will convert, but is not always editable or able to be disassembled later in Illustrator. A good PDF that has been properly generated should be able to be opened in Illustrator and the text show up on text paths and be totally editable.

Word has a tough time with this. Plus it screws with your resolution.

Brien J Tomassetti

Comment

again, if we could all turn to page 283 in our hymn books...

Comment

LMAO @ unc, holy poohyness....

Yeah, I'm making a proposal for Acct. Execs to use for ad selling. They want to be able edit them, but I have to insert graphics, logos, etc. b/c none of them are competent enough to know how to insert a picture in Word. They don't have to be .JPGs, I just assumed that being one of the more basic file formats it should work. I found out the .EPSs work really well, although I don't know how it will turn out post e-mail. If it pancakes up I'll have to PDF it and hope they don't need to edit it. Otherwise I'll be stuck in edit-relay hell. ARG.

Die! Bill Gates die! [img]/emoticons/blowingup.gif[/img]

(I've always wanted to use that smiley, heh heh.)

www.dafenix.org

Comment

You can always try to copy and paste into Word. That usually works.

If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done.

Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together.
                  ProudPenguin
                  P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

Word.

www.dafenix.org

Comment

Were the JPGs saved as 'progressive' by any chance? CMYK? There is no reason why an RGB non-progressive JPG shouldn't be able to be inserted into Word. But if you are still having problems, use TIF. Universal raster format in my opinion. Try and avoid EPS as the typical office printer will not be postscript and therefore will only manage to print the low-rez TIF preview of an EPS. If you need a vector image in Word, use WMF.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I think tried both progressive and non, but I can't be sure. I figured MS Word wasn't quality enough to accept TIFs, but then again I'm not sure I tried.

www.dafenix.org

Comment

Word doesn'timport images very well. I get the big red X when the image I'm trying to import is too big.

sb

Comment

I always run into the big red X when the image is CMYK. I change the color mode to RGB, and presto! I hate word, and I'm sure you do too, but sometimes we just have to use it. I'm pretty sure CMYK won't import or paste into word regardless of file format.

-Jason

The clothes do make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society at large.

Comment

Ahhhhhhh. that could explain it! thanks, JF.

www.dafenix.org

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X