Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Alexander.aXy
    Reply to From Architect House Plan to Realistic 3D model
    Alexander.aXy
    Thanks guys,

I thought i could do it in 24h, but i realised meanwhile that it was impossible. The software are complicated enough.. I had a friend to help me and i was able to show it to...
    Today, 10:29 AM
  • sybli
    Comment on How well do you see color? (fun & games)
    sybli
    The highest I managed was 35. But I think the levels are generated by the program and there will be a new level as long as there is still time left on the clock, no matter how fast you are.
    Today, 09:20 AM
  • sybli
    Comment on How well do you see color? (fun & games)
    sybli
    I have noticed the same thing with me, only with dark green. I'm averaging 25 but I made it to 35 only once and that was a lucky streak without any dark greens whatsoever.
    Today, 09:18 AM
  • fynch
    Reply to Help with logo "fynch"
    fynch
    Here are some of the other Idea's I've had roughly made up in illustrator. I also tried another variant of the original logo, editing the font a little bit and sticking to the egg idea rather than the...
    Today, 06:31 AM
  • fynch
    Reply to Help with logo "fynch"
    fynch
    Hi guys thanks for all the input,

@Kitchwitch thank you for the welcome Ill go over and check out the rules now, glad to know I wasn't having computer errors in posting this.
    Today, 04:44 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap layout programs for non-designers?

A friend of mine has Print Shop Pro or something like that. It's doing a hack job on her text and she's needing to produce flyers and advertisements for the coalition she volunteers with. I recommended InDesign, but it's so expensive that she'd likely not be able to get the coalition to pay for it.

She needs something that doesn't pixelate the text and images (I already told her about taking the pictures at a high enough resolution but that wasn't the problem in the first place).

Any recs? She's not a designer, so she needs something easy.

Michelle
    I will grow old but I will never grow up.

How about a designer? They're pretty easy to find... and use.

Think of the money she'll save by not having to tie herself up for days learning to hack out a amateur looking file that probably will cost her even more to have a designer come in and get it fixed out to a printable standard. Then there's the cost of lost revenue from substandard design. It can add up in a hurry.

I think about the time when I had just one little odd noise in my car and I thought to myself, I could save money by buying a manual, some tools, some parts, some testing gear and spend a night or two digging through service websites and forums and... or, I could just go to the garage and have it done right, and speedily.

Otherwise, she might just as well use MS Word. Most printers can make a PDF from that and give her something printable. I loather working in it, but many non-designers feel very comfortable working out stuff with it. I'd avoid MS Publisher the most.

For what you're describing, flyers and ads-- CorelDraw would also be an excellent and very affordabe candidate-- it certainly can put out printable PDFs and handles multiple pages easily. But then... there's already more than enough amatuers handing off unprintable CorelDraw files, that as a professional user of this program that's suffered for the pathetic prepress skill level of the average CDraw user, I really don't like encouraging this solution.

Comment

Well said Broacher, especially the Corel part. [img]/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

I love children but I don't think I could eat a whole one.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
      Working...
      X