FlexiSign Cutting Error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlexiSign Cutting Error

I am a new user to FlexiSign and am using a Graphtec 5000 vinyl cutter.
    Everytime I go to cut I get an Error that reads - AN UNKNOWN FAILURE HAS OCCURED. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU RESTART THE PROGRAM. It then closes down FlexiSign and I have to restart the program. I have check that the Graphtec is active and the Production MAnager is running. Can't figure this out! Any ideas??

driver update maybe?
    Or is your version of flexi compatible with the Graphtec 5000. These sign softwares are fookin finicky when it comes to what you can import from and cut to. I use Signlab and we still dumb down to Illy v8 and use .ai instead of .eps to import to avoid cut errors.

Comment

These are both new and have been installed within the last two weeks. It cut for me a day before I started recieving the Failure message and now I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. When I bought it, the salesman said these two products are compatible.

Comment

If you got it two weeks ago why not call in a free service under your warranty?
        Or you should have a free call at least to a Help Desk?

Things should not break that fast so the manufacturer should help you out. Or even the sales guy that sold it to you.
        I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Ayup. Call the person who sold it to you.
          Unless you are importing designs from somewhere else. If so, read my 4th sentence above.
          Or, check the number of points in your cut path. There is a limit you can have. If you are doing something 'grunge' or if you let Photoshop do it's thing to create a cut path, you could have thousands. Not cool either.

Comment

Hi! Its happening the same thing to me with the same message. Did you resolve the problem? I don't know what to do, the program was working perfectly and then this happened

Comment

Hi Damily and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

This is a 7 year old thread. Doubt the OP checks back.
                Can you list the steps that you are doing that cause this? Just saying it doesn't work, doesn't help.
                Is the file native to Flexi or coming in as some other file format?
                Do other files still cut or is everything borked?

Comment

Originally posted by Damily View Post
                  Hi! Its happening the same thing to me with the same message. Did you resolve the problem? I don't know what to do, the program was working perfectly and then this happened

What version of Flexi are you running? Generally this error occurs when the file is imported and not created in Flexi and there is a node that it doesn't understand. You need to check your lines in the software you created it in. what kind of file? how detailed is your plot?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• chikisg84
                    Hello guys!
                    chikisg84
                    I just wanted to drop a quick note to introduce myself. I have a barchelor's degree in graphic design and have been working in the industry and the same job for 13 years now. Lately I've been feeling...
                    Today, 11:18 AM
                  • B
                    Reply to Tell me it's ok to use Publisher
                    B
                    For layout purposes, Publisher is certainly a step up from MS Word.

Professional designers generally stay away from Publisher because it largely consumer and office software that doesn't...
                    Today, 11:15 AM
                  • Fuzzy Onion
                    Tell me it's ok to use Publisher
                    Fuzzy Onion
                    I work for a small education company. We produce a number of documents that are then made available for teachers to download via PDF. These are things like worksheets, readings, and instruction guides/user...
                    Today, 10:38 AM
                  • StudioMonkey
                    Reply to Price of Foil vs. Varnish for business cards?
                    StudioMonkey
                    Neither Foil nor Varnish are done on a digital press - you would have to get your Business Cards printed Litho. For 100 cards this is always going to be expensive - you could probably get 2000 cards...
                    Today, 09:38 AM
                  • natalya.jpg
                    What do you think about my new web site?
                    natalya.jpg
                    What do you think about my new web site?

[COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]Hello everybody![/COLOR]

I've just made my new website for the great opera singer. What do you think?...
                    Today, 03:16 AM
                  GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X