Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Is salary.com et al full of shit?
    PrintDriver
    What are your education and skill levels?

Remember the salaries listed at salaries.com and even aiga.org are based on respondents to surveys. Quite often you will find with surveys that people...
    Today, 12:49 AM
  • TomMonTom
    Is salary.com et al full of shit?
    TomMonTom
    It's really difficult to price ones ability when offers come in way bellow whatever average there is for the amount of experience anyone seems to have. I'm trying to figure out a good rate is and if any...
    Today, 12:23 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Alright then, thank you all for your answers
    Yesterday, 10:20 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    <b>
    Right now, at work, I'm using an early 2011 MacBook Pro. It's had no problems at all. I'll likely get a new one early next year, but I'm in no hurry because I don't want to give up the 17-inch display....
    Yesterday, 09:47 PM
  • iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    Overall I haven't really ever had any problems with macs either. Basically just the grpahics card problems I've been talking about. And the 2011 MBP is notorious for them (which is what I have now)....
    Yesterday, 09:40 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• technical illustration!

i want some advices,because i have tried to illustrate a motor bike with photoshop and the lines (in zoom) wasn't so clear like corel draw..but neither two of them is ablolutely perfect for this job

here is some examples from sites:

http://www.hatchillustration.com/tec..._mvagusta.html

http://www.fotosearch.com/UNN359/u30486887/

i search a program making that good job that you see in the links!

thank you!

Photoshop is a raster program. You want a vector program, like Corel Draw, Illustrator, or Freehand.

Welcome to the forum. Please read these important threads posted here. They will explain a lot about how the forum runs, from the rules and regulations to frequently discussed topics to the background on some of our lingo and inside jokes.

I hope you enjoy yourself!
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I think if your using Photoshop, look at going with Illustrator for your vectors ... Unless of course you have experience in the other programs out there ...

Peace
      L

Comment

I actually created the art in your first link: http://www.hatchillustration.com/tec..._mvagusta.html
        and I do use only photoshop for line work. It gives me a bit more of a hand done feel and is more natural to work in than Illustrator. The key to keeping the lines crisp is to make sure you draw in Paths, keep the size and resolution fairly high and to stoke the paths in a pure brush with no softness to it. I hope this helps!

Jim
        www.hatchillustration.com

Comment

Great illustrations, Jim!
          I've been trying to find some quality tutorials and resources about technical illustration, mainly isometric drawings. I tried drawing an isometric vehicle using orthographic projections and SSR, but can't seem to skew the images to get the right perspective. Not as easy as putting a cube together
          Clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory...
          ---------------------
          Selektor

Comment

? If you're using only paths (vectors)... why Photoshop? AI has so many other tools for vector drawing.

If you want high rez, crisp edge -- raster will never beat vector. And if you want high rez raster as an option, just rasterize the AI file.
            Last edited by Bob; 04-14-2012, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Selector there dredged up a year and a half old thread. Doubtful Jim frequents the GDF.

Comment

Attack of the zombie threads this weekend. Thanks for catching that PD.

Ever wonder when (of maybe it's already happened) somebody's going to question an old post of a deceased member?

Hmm... you know, for a lot of the stuff that we get over and over during the years (the vector/raster workflow is a great example) we could probably leave posthumous postings that would work fine. Maybe if Kool put on his thinking zomberro, he could figure out a way adding this as a forum feature.

Comment

Didn't realize it was over a year old thread. Wonder what's the oldest, the very first post is still live?
                  Clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory...
                  ---------------------
                  Selektor

Comment

Originally posted by Selektor View Post
                    Didn't realize it was over a year old thread. Wonder what's the oldest, the very first post is still live?

Pretty sure it's either a Mac vs PC or Pie vs Cake debate.
                    Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

We had some sort of server disaster way back that wiped out the first 50,000 posts. However I know the very first post was from the founder Allen welcoming people to his brand new forum. The second post was the Mac vs PC debate

Comment

Why do people care so much about old threads being revisited? If the thread is open anyone is free to reply to it no matter how ancient it may be.

Of course pointing out that a thread is old when people are replying to ancient questions is perfectly acceptable

Comment

I don't know of any deceased members Bob, although statically there must be a bunch of them.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X