Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to Hi everyone!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Nik

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 11:31 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to from file TIFF to PNG
    PrintDriver
    Why would you create a vector image of a raster logo then save that vector as a raster?
    Why do I have the feeling you are creating the leaflet layout in Photoshop?

If you need the logo...
    Today, 11:21 AM
  • Nik86
    Hi everyone!
    Nik86
    My name is Nik, and i've been doing design for the past 10 years. I hope to be a productive member of the forum since i regard it to be one of the best forums about design, and i'm glad to be a part of...
    Today, 11:18 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Why we don't download PDFs
    PrintDriver
    Many times posters here on GDF will link to .pdf files for people to download for critique.
    Or job searchers will send out emails with portfolio PDF attachments expecting those on the other end...
    Today, 11:13 AM
  • cdgc
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    cdgc
    That's one of the problems, PrintDriver. I can't prevent that.

I've been thinking all along that a quantity discount is appropriate, but I'm not sure how much. That's what I hate about...
    Today, 07:00 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making pages in Illustrator CS?

I need to place work into a single file in AI CS and then make it a pdf. I need to know how to make it so the user on the other end can just scroll down through 3 or 4 pages since the work won't fit onto just one page. I don't know how to make multiple pages like that in AI.

Can anyone help me? Thank you! [img]/emoticons/blink.gif[/img]

Did Acrobat come with your CS?
    You can create multipages in there.
    Don't think you can do it with just Illustrator.

Specialization is for insects...

R.H.

Comment

You can make multiple pages in Illustrator, but not in the same way as Acrobat, and you still need Distiller to do this. In page setup, set your page Width or Height to 2x the size of one page. Then checkbox page tiling on -- when you print, make sure you save the postscript file somewhere (save to file) and distill that postscript. It will become a multi page pdf after that.

If you don't have that option, HotDoor has a plugin called mulitpage that lets you place multiple pages in Illustrator like quark or inDesign. Incidentally, if you have either Quark or InDesign, you can place eps (or native ai for InDesign) in either and save out as pdf, that'll work too.

Comment

Multipage at Hotdoor only works on Illy 9 and 10 in OS9 and only Illy 10 is OSX. And the recipient needs to have it too, I believe, to see those multipages. Not sure on that one. Multipage is not upgraded for CS yet.
        Distiller is part of Acrobat.

R.H.

Comment

Can't you just make several PDF files...whatever you need, and then in Acrobat go to Document>Insert Pages and then make it all one doc?

Who says doodling isn't constructive?!
          I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Ya. what I meant.
            CS standard doesn't come with Acrobat though, which is why I asked.
            As for making the long doc as bradyj says, I repeat my answer from another thread:

the page tiling function isn't necessarily placing the page outline correctly depending on the output device selected by the printer. I wouldn't use this method and expect to get the page contents in the exact place each time unless you are printing it yourself or are VERY specific to your printer (this type of file rates a bonehead tax, BTW).

R.H.

Comment

ohhh oh ok! My bad PD ;o)

Comment

Sorry.
                Meant to smile

Quick reply makes me sound all gruff.

R.H.

Comment

haha yeah..and I am too lazy most times to use anything other than the quick reply..hehe )

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X