Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to What Ya Think?
    kemingMatters
    Here's how it should work, you pay for the work regardless of whether the T-shirt sells, you pay extra if you want exclusive rights to the images/graphics. Otherwise, what are you offering that zazzle...
    Today, 06:13 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Motion Blur Part of a Logo
    kemingMatters
    Your posts are still being moderated, once your name isn't orange you shouldn't have to deal with it anymore. I left the post because it's a touch different than your previous.
    Today, 06:03 PM
  • jellard
    Reply to Motion Blur Part of a Logo
    jellard
    I'm sorry if this message is a dulicate. I submitted a comment and never saw it post so I'm trying again.

The project I'm working on is not a logo itself but taken from a logo and would like...
    Today, 05:55 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on Typographic Experiment for a School Project
    Cosmo
    Same here. Sounds like a bad Japanese to English translation.
    Today, 05:47 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Motion Blur Part of a Logo
    kemingMatters
    Something like this? Radial blur would work
    Today, 05:46 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making pages in Illustrator CS?

I need to place work into a single file in AI CS and then make it a pdf. I need to know how to make it so the user on the other end can just scroll down through 3 or 4 pages since the work won't fit onto just one page. I don't know how to make multiple pages like that in AI.

Can anyone help me? Thank you! [img]/emoticons/blink.gif[/img]

Did Acrobat come with your CS?
    You can create multipages in there.
    Don't think you can do it with just Illustrator.

Specialization is for insects...

R.H.

Comment

You can make multiple pages in Illustrator, but not in the same way as Acrobat, and you still need Distiller to do this. In page setup, set your page Width or Height to 2x the size of one page. Then checkbox page tiling on -- when you print, make sure you save the postscript file somewhere (save to file) and distill that postscript. It will become a multi page pdf after that.

If you don't have that option, HotDoor has a plugin called mulitpage that lets you place multiple pages in Illustrator like quark or inDesign. Incidentally, if you have either Quark or InDesign, you can place eps (or native ai for InDesign) in either and save out as pdf, that'll work too.

Comment

Multipage at Hotdoor only works on Illy 9 and 10 in OS9 and only Illy 10 is OSX. And the recipient needs to have it too, I believe, to see those multipages. Not sure on that one. Multipage is not upgraded for CS yet.
        Distiller is part of Acrobat.

R.H.

Comment

Can't you just make several PDF files...whatever you need, and then in Acrobat go to Document>Insert Pages and then make it all one doc?

Who says doodling isn't constructive?!
          I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Ya. what I meant.
            CS standard doesn't come with Acrobat though, which is why I asked.
            As for making the long doc as bradyj says, I repeat my answer from another thread:

the page tiling function isn't necessarily placing the page outline correctly depending on the output device selected by the printer. I wouldn't use this method and expect to get the page contents in the exact place each time unless you are printing it yourself or are VERY specific to your printer (this type of file rates a bonehead tax, BTW).

R.H.

Comment

ohhh oh ok! My bad PD ;o)

Comment

Sorry.
                Meant to smile

Quick reply makes me sound all gruff.

R.H.

Comment

haha yeah..and I am too lazy most times to use anything other than the quick reply..hehe )

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X