Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• seamas
    Reply to Personal Branding
    seamas
    I know it is supposed to be a wolf's tail, but it looks like a fox's tail. (probably because of the context of that background rust color)

I would caution against having a colored...
    Today, 07:38 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to team logo
    kemingMatters
    Since you're "Not for Profit", do you get all of the bike parts and materials for acknowledgement on your team page and bike? Just curious...

Cool bikes and an interesting hobby...
    Today, 07:12 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Personal Branding
    KitchWitch
    Hi Plopes and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 07:02 PM
  • B
    Reply to teaching prepress to student graphic designers
    B
    After graduating with my BFA, I worked professionally for about ten years before heading back for my MFA. The thing that really struck me about going back into a univesity design program after working...
    Today, 06:57 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Game for designers : Find the design leak !
    kemingMatters
    I really don't post my own work here, besides, an example of my illustration going to help you understand perspective or proportion any more than a simple search online for cartoon monkeys. This why I...
    Today, 06:56 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting Column Sizes

I am trying to paginate yellow pages and we use a system called Diad to create handoffs to put into Quark.

I have all the Diad template set up for the hand off to be colum width 174pts. I have a new Quark Template set up to the same specs and when I go to get text I get a message that reads:

Warning Column Width Difference: Document Column Width 362pt Handoff Column Width 174pt.

That is telling me that my template in Quark is off. Its suppose to be 174 pts. So I checked the Master Guides settings and they are to our new specs.
    I am not sure where it is getting the 362 pts from.
    It is almost like the information I "import" is reading across the page instead of stopping at the side of a column.

Could there be some easy explanation as to why anyone thinks this could be happening? julieh@directorypublishing.net
Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
Working...
X