Adjusting Column Sizes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting Column Sizes

I am trying to paginate yellow pages and we use a system called Diad to create handoffs to put into Quark.

I have all the Diad template set up for the hand off to be colum width 174pts. I have a new Quark Template set up to the same specs and when I go to get text I get a message that reads:

Warning Column Width Difference: Document Column Width 362pt Handoff Column Width 174pt.

That is telling me that my template in Quark is off. Its suppose to be 174 pts. So I checked the Master Guides settings and they are to our new specs.
    I am not sure where it is getting the 362 pts from.
    It is almost like the information I "import" is reading across the page instead of stopping at the side of a column.

Could there be some easy explanation as to why anyone thinks this could be happening? julieh@directorypublishing.net

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kayekaye
    Comment on music distracting?
    Kayekaye
    Oh! One of my favorites! I could listen bruddah izzy all day!
    Today, 02:46 PM
  • Yehoshua
    Reply to Security One Redesign
    Yehoshua
    Wow. I love how the eagle feels like it's protecting or guarding something. Very well done, solid mark, and great idea of showing TONS of applications! Was this a client project or a personal endeavo...
    Today, 02:45 PM
  • Kayekaye
    Comment on How to do this effect?
    Kayekaye
    Exactly!
    Today, 02:39 PM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Student Government Logo
    Kayekaye
    Being of norsk descent the horns look fine to me, very cow/bull-like. But the new research is showing that the Vikings never used horns or even wings on their helmets. Popular myth.
    Today, 02:36 PM
  • Designia
    Comment on How to do this effect?
    Designia
    It works if you're designing a label but that's pretty much it.
    Today, 02:36 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X