Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For anyone wanting to jump the Adobe CC ship...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone wanting to jump the Adobe CC ship...

Quark 9.5 is currently on sale if you buy online. 20% off the full version or an upgrade through May 31st. PLUS, you can upgrade from ANY version of Quark through the end of June.

http://shop.quark.com/am/p-13-quarkx...n=2013-DST-OPP

blog/portfolio

They still make Quark? Last I heard they had stopped developing/supporting it. We tried unsuccessfully for months to get help with a copy of Quark 9 that wouldn't install. Many emails and calls to Quark went unreturned. We eventually gave up
    http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

It appears Adobe's competition is sensing some blood in the water, Discounted Quark and Corel running ads with CTA's about being "Frustrated with Adobe". This might be shaping up to be the next Betamax vs VHS or HDDVD vs BluRay.

Subscription vs License. Begin!
      Design is not decoration.

Comment

It's funny, I just rebuilt an Quark file into InDesign, popped in here and this is the first thread I see. At this point Quark would do us absolutely no good. And it wouldn't work for me at home.

Comment

I just upgraded to Quark 9.5 a couple weeks ago

20% would have been sweet ...
          Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
          http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think this is the beginning of the "return of the software wars." It was only a matter of time before Quark went on sale.

Ready...set....go!

Comment

They should have been preparing for this for a long time. It was obvious that the subscription only model was just a matter of time with Adobe.

Too bad Corel is Windows only.

Virgo, love that avatar!
              No cell phone, no Facebook, no iAnything. Am I missing something?

Comment

Just got an e-mail from Quark

As someone who recently purchased QuarkXPress 9, we’re excited to let you know that you’re going to receive an upgrade to QuarkXPress 10 for free. While June 5 is the official start date of the promotion, anyone who purchased QuarkXPress 9 in the last 30 days (May 6 to June 4) is also eligible. Simply complete the online redemption form.
                I just made the cut. Score!

But while I came to spread the good news about Good Guy Quark -- There is also some bad news.

Until June 30, 2013 anyone who purchases or upgrades to QuarkXPress 9 from ANY previous version will receive version 10 for free. After June 30, 2013 only QuarkXPress 8 users will be eligible to upgrade to QuarkXPress 9 for a free upgrade to QuarkXPress 10. Also after June 30, QuarkXPress 3-7 users will no longer be eligible to upgrade to QuarkXPress 9 or 10 and will to need to purchase new full licenses.
                For some reason the ****ing geniuses over at Quark are discontinuing a popular upgrade path starting with the last version of Quark that people actually bought. You would think they would try to take advantage of Adobe's recent cloud announcement by offering sweet deals to switching customers or by maintaining this great upgrade offer. Instead they seem to be happy keeping the 50 customers they have left.
                Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I got the email too.

I could never get Quark 9 to install and Quark never replied to any of my emails or phone calls, so I won't be upgrading free or not.

Comment

So, for any of you who are still using Quark and plan on continuing to do so, if you upgrade to 9 this week you get 10 for free. After that, you won't be able to upgrade unless you have the latest version. Take advantage while you can, expires June 30th.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I would LOVE to go back to Quark, have 8 but didn't get 9.
                      Cosmo If you go to the forum, Matthias Guenther has always been very helpful.

Comment

I don't see any reason to even bother with Quark any more. The fact that the manufacturer doesn't support its own product is reason enough for me to say bye to anything coming from Quark.

Comment

I would love to ditch InDesign to escape the Creative Cloud fiasco, but Quark, Inc. has always been an even bigger fiasco. Quark is a privately held company that, in my opinion, has suffered from chronically incompetent management. They had one great product, but were never able to follow up with anything good, and as Cosmo mentioned their customer service and general attitude has been nothing short of abysmal throughout the entire history of the company.

Glimpses of management chaos within the company can be seen by looking at their ownership history. From Wikipedia:
                          Quark was founded under the name "Quark Engineering" 1981 by Tim Gill and Mark Pope.

In 1986 Fred Ebrahimi joined Quark as CEO and co-owner. In 1990, Mark Pope sold his share of the company to the other partners. In 2000 Tim Gill left Quark and sold all his shares to Mr. Ebrahimi.

In keeping with its India focus, Quark appointed Kamar Aulakh, a Quark veteran of Indian origin, as its CEO in February, 2004. In June 2005, Quark informed its employees that Aulakh was no longer with the company.

At the end of 2006 Fred Ebrahimi gave all his shares of Quark Inc. to his children, with his daughter Sasha Ebrahimi taking the position of Chairman.

On November 1, 2006, Quark appointed Raymond Schiavone, former CEO of Arbortext, as its new CEO.

On August 9, 2011, the Ebrahimi family sold all their shares to Platinum Equity, a California based private equity firm.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                          Working...
                          X