Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only thing I ever enjoyed about using Quark

Release the killbots!

Wasn't there a bigger green one that came out occasionally, a super kill?

Comment

I think it was random. I used to hit command-option-control-shift for ages until I would see him. Don't tell my former boss.

Comment

Yup The big green guy with the bazooka came out after doing the superkill at least 4 or 5 times. You had to draw a box and select it, then it was shift+option+command+k
        Last edited by PrintDriver; 01-28-2014, 09:54 AM.

Comment

The first time I ever released that particular Kraken it was by mistake, and it scared the crap out of me, I didn't know what the sound was.

Comment

There's a less-impressive alien in InDesign. Open a document, call up the print dialogue box, hit the Save Preset button and name the new preset Friendly Alien. Then click the big P down in in the lower-left corner.

Comment

Thanks, <b>. I finally found something that Quark does better than InDesign.

Comment

I always liked the key command to tab a line to the right in the text box instead of having to actually set up the tab. Aaaaaand that's about it!

Comment

It's a little obscure, but I used to make extensive use of Quark's XPress tag import function at the newspaper where I once worked. Using regular expressions and AppleScript, I could automate the formatting of entire news pages and complex infographics like weather maps based on structured wire service data using nothing more than a simple text file that could subsequently be imported into Quark XPress. In other words, reducing a couple of hours of work down to less than a couple of minutes. InDesign also has a tagged text import function, but it's more verbose, cumbersome and less capable.

Comment

Originally posted by Chim Richalds View Post
                    I think it was random. I used to hit command-option-control-shift for ages until I would see him. Don't tell my former boss.
                    thats cool trick

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                    Working...
                    X