Open corrupted qxp files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open corrupted qxp files

I accidentally deleted a QXP file ver.9.1 (os win64). In the recycle bin wasn't too. After his recovery with Recuva I found him restored. But QXpress is not able to open. Message is the same as opening of other versions: "this document can not be opened by this version of QuarkXpress (16)." Can anything be done? How to open damaged files QXP?
    thx Peter

I've never had luck opening a corrupted Quark file. It seems to me that Markzware might have something.

Comment

I know this is old but I have a fix after fighting with this problem for over a year with random files corrupting while we're on deadline. Our tech support guy and I just spent some time on the phone with Quark, and after pressing the Quark guy he finally told us about a software that we can use to fix the files easily. It's got something to do with the header information (if you know hex code, unlike me, this probably makes sense). Anyway, the program the guy finally told us we could use is called "Free Hex Editor Neo". The error is in the first line of code. On ours, if we change the first block on the first line of the code from "ff" to "00", save it and close it everything works! I'm so excited about this that I'm going to make a YouTube video on how to do it. There are no words for how relieved to find a fix. I was ready to start working on my boss about switching to InDesign! Hope it helps someone!

Comment

• jiri
        jiri commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much, your advice has just saved me 2 days of hard work that seemed to be lost forever!!!!!

Melindabelle's advice has worked perfectly - two days of work saved!!!

Comment

Hi Jiri and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X