Fix for ERROR 16 in Quark..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix for ERROR 16 in Quark..

After fighting with this problem for over a year with random files corrupting while we're on deadline, I have been at my wits-end with this issue. Our files just randomly corrupt. We can open it one minute, save, close, and reopen it on the same computer and it will not open. Our tech support guy and I just spent some time on the phone with Quark, and after my awesome tech guy pressing the Quark guy he finally told us about a software that we can use to fix the files easily. It's got something to do with the header information (if you know hex code, unlike me, this probably makes sense). Anyway, the program the guy finally told us we could use is called "Free Hex Editor Neo". The error is in the first line of code. On ours, if we change the first block on the first line of the code from "ff" to "00", save it and close it everything works! I'm so excited about this that I'm going to make a YouTube video on how to do it. There are no words for how relieved to find a fix. I was ready to start working on my boss about switching to InDesign! Hope it helps someone! If anyone wants to see the video when I make it, let me know and I'll post the link here.

Hi melindabelle and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.

---

I can't remember the last time I saw a Quirk file...
    Last edited by kemingMatters; 10-16-2014, 02:54 PM.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

Just did! Thanks! Please let me know if I goof up somewhere! I mean no harm.. I promise! I didn't see anything about not recommending software, so if that's not okay I will remove that from my post.

Comment

You haven't done anything wrong. Thanks for the post, though tis sad that Quark can't fix their own bug. Not that Indesign doesn't have a few of it's own. LOL.

Comment

Oh I totally agree! The guy basically told us there was no fix for it, and honestly didn't sound as if they were even working on a fix. That's why I think Quark is a thing of the past because InDesign is blowing their socks off in every way possible, in my opinion, and Quark is just complacent. It's very frustrating and honestly ridiculous to pay that much for software that crashes constantly and corrupts half of your files. And, to top it off, they charge us for each customer service call!

Comment

This is a link to the video I made: I will try to make a better one one day. I didn't realize how much I say "umm" and "ya know"! http://youtu.be/ZHU0UFWHwr8

Comment

Use this link instead please, this video is much better.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yCKjxki6R0

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X