Quark 10 crashes-?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quark 10 crashes-?

I recently (3 months ago) updated to Quark 10.5. I have been having problems with it crashing ever since. Not only does it crash but it is “saving” and operating VERY slowly. It may take as much as 3 minutes to “save”. The particular project is loaded with high resolution TIFF’s and is 434.5 MBs. Is it just too large a file? It crashes particularly when I try to print many pages at once (maybe 15 pages). The dialog box shows up asking if I want to report it and when I do, the little circle goes around for SO long that I eventually have to force quite Quark to make it stop. This is happening daily. Should I reinstall Quark 10.5? Should I split the document into 2? I’ve called Quark and they were not much help. Any suggestions?
    I also installed a new printer driver recently (Xerox Phaser 6360DN).
    Thanks!

Even Quark requires adequate scratch space.
    How full is your hard drive?

For a file that size I'd recommend keeping a couple hundred gigs free.
    If the quark file alone is 434.5mb, I cannot imagine the amount of hard drive space the "high resolution TIFFs" are taking up.

Comment

Hi mannie and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clipping shop
        Reply to Recently fired. Climbing out of depression. I need some advice.
        Clipping shop
        as the B says, depression is a very serious problem. you have to get out of it as soon as you can or things will get harder to get out. if you haven't tried antidepressants or therapy do it quickly. you...
        Today, 11:21 AM
      • Glitchin
        Critique Please?
        Glitchin
        Hello everyone,

I am in the process of designing a logo for a political lobbying group. The initials of the group are CF.

I will be submitting several design options, one of...
        Today, 11:19 AM
      • Compedro
        Fuzzy text in quarkxpress
        Compedro
        My text is slightly in quark, can someone please help me how to fix it.
        Today, 10:25 AM
      • o0MSK0o
        Reply to Portfolio Design Critique
        o0MSK0o
        Hi, KitchWitch.

Thanks for the information.

If I were confident in my abilities, I wouldn't be asking for a critique here :P I know I'm crap, but I want to improve, so I want...
        Today, 10:22 AM
      • Not_a_Designer
        Printing on Acetate/Film for Screen Printing
        Not_a_Designer
        Hi Guys,

I have been a long time lurker on this Prepress forum for some time and I think I finally have a interesting topic to discuss.

I'm researching a possible replacement...
        Today, 08:07 AM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X