Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quark 8: Tools and Colours will not show

Hi there,

I have QuarkXpress 8 which I use all the time, and I think it's great.

However, when I loaded it up today, no matter what I tried I could not get the Tools or Colours to show on the screen.
    Usually, I get these by pressing F8 (tools) and F12 (colours). But this did not work.

The other option is to go to Window and turn them on there. Despite there is a tick showing against both Tools and Colours here, they do not show on the screen.

Please could someone help me solve this problem. Without Tools and Colours, I can do nothing with Quark.

I found this article which relates to Quark 10, not Quark 8: https://quark.parature.com/link/portal/ ... -Windows-8 and I disabled the display scaling on high DPI settings, but still the Tools or Colours would not show.

Please help me.

Many thanks
    Sindy

Hi Sindy and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

First step would be to trash your preferences.
      I haven't used Quark in maybe a couple years now.
      here is a mac article on how to do it.
      Bear in mind you may lose any custom settings, but if the program isn't working, that's not much of a loss.
      http://www.planetquark.com/2010/04/1.../#.VWhu4-e-2J0

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X