OLD Quark XPRESS 4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLD Quark XPRESS 4.1

My PowerMac G-5 has finally gone toes up, and took my programs with it. I still have original disk for version Quark XPRESS 4.1 but I now only have MacMini (late 2012), running Sierra 10.12.3. (4GB) Obvious question, can I use 4.1 with this system?

Hi Fred and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Probably not, but why not just try it?
      Coming to you from sunny America, where freedom, solvency, and now the presidency,
      are all unsurreptitiously counterfeited for your entertainment.

Comment

Thanks for come backs. Will try later today, doubtfully, but just thought I'd ask (maybe after-mkt. add-ons needed?, etc.). Never was very hopeful. Thanks again. Sorry if I stepped on some rules.

Comment

• KitchWitch
          KitchWitch commented
          Editing a comment
          You didn't break any rules. All new members get that post.

Just get another old computer on ebay. It can't be that much money.

Comment

I poked around and it looks like Quark Xpress 4.1 was released in 1999, so being roughly 18 years old I'd say the odds of Sierra running it are slim. You can possibly look at running emulation, this site has some options you can exploreL http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php

Or as DesignZombie said you could probably find an old Mac pretty cheap.

Also, at one point InDesign could open and convert Quark 4 files. have you tried that route?

And if you go the emulation route, apparently Chubby Bunny is some sort of tweaked SheepShaver install that makes it a little smoother. Here's the link: ​https://happymacs.wordpress.com/2015...ssic-on-intel/

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• SniffySlug
            Seeking Help on 123Design Project.
            SniffySlug
            I need to adjust the thickness of the inside in order to print the object but now I can't figure out how to increase the inside. its currently .4mm and it needs to be .7 or .8. I have tried the tweak,...
            Yesterday, 10:07 PM
          • TaMac
            Reply to Portfolio in need of a review!
            TaMac
            Yup. That is a massive fail! Good to know however...

Here is the proper link

https://taramaclean.myportfolio.com/projects

Thanks!
            Yesterday, 08:17 PM
          • trevoz
            quark 2016 and fontexplorer
            trevoz
            I have just installed QXP2016 and now I cannot run FontExplorer X Pro. Every time I run Font explorer QXP crashes. QXP will not open if Fontexplorer is open. Any one else having these problems
            Yesterday, 05:29 PM
          • Teejaa91
            EAN13 batch design
            Teejaa91
            Hi everyone,

For my job in the wholesale I have a question (how to find a way to automate EAN13 barcode in my designs). I recently learned a lot about CSV files - excel and datamerge etc....
            Yesterday, 02:28 PM
          • KitchWitch
            Reply to Portfolio in need of a review!
            KitchWitch
            Hi Tamac and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
            Yesterday, 10:39 AM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X