Quark 8 crashes when resizing images

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quark 8 crashes when resizing images

I'm currently using Quark 8 and having a problem when I resize images within a picture box.

I can import images in ok but when I resize them within the picture box Quark crashes out. This is an intermittent problem and Quark does save a backup in the Quark Rescue Folder, but it can still happen 3 or 4 times a day.

Does anyone have any fixes for this?

Have you tried trashing the preferences? Aside from that, what OS are you using?

blog/portfolio

Comment

I'm using Mac OS X v10.5.4 Leopard but will try trashing the preferences,

Comment

yeah, it happened to me too. then i said goodbye to quark.
        sigpic

Comment

Is there anything consistant about the images that do crash?
          I haven't had the need to upgrade to Quark 8 but some of the usual culprits are images larger than 8 Bit, non-compatible image formats, odd profiles, non-flattened images (not all just some for some reason), etc.

Quark can be ornery. Sometimes you just have to resize the image in Photoshop anyway, especially if you are enlarging. I generally try to keep images within 10% when working in Q.

Comment

PD's right, see if there's something in common with the images you're importing. That could be the underlying issue, Quark may actually be innocent here.

I've never had it crash on me while resizing photos (though we don't have 8 yet), but I've had instances where text that's over a layered tiff won't print unless I flatten the tiff, or vice versa: the text was over a flattened tiff and wouldn't print unless I used a layered tiff. I never figured that one out.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
              Reply to What kind and which book would it be wise to spend on?
              Glitchin
              Work for money design for love by David Airey and Know Your Onions: Graphic Design by Drew De Soto are good books for freelancers if your just starting out in the industry.

Also Pretty Much...
              Today, 03:55 PM
            • Glitchin
              Comment on Logo Feedback
              Glitchin
              I'm confused. This is one of your designs from your original post right? I meant if you could post an image of the logo the client liked, it might help. "They provided me a Logo they want it...
              Today, 03:24 PM
            • Glitchin
              Reply to Critique Please?
              Glitchin
              This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound....
              Today, 02:58 PM
            • Glitchin
              Comment on Critique Please?
              Glitchin
              Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst...
              Today, 02:54 PM
            • PrintDriver
              Reply to Portfolio usage of work
              PrintDriver
              Nice article B, and illustrates my point about being an LLC or a sole proprietor. The LLC is a business entity separate from your personal life. With sole proprietorship, all of your belongings and assets...
              Today, 12:42 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X