Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text drop shadows

quark 6.1

you can add drop shadows to text, but is their a way you can adjust the shadow?? ie change its colour or make it further from the text move the angle etc??

No.

I would recomend not using the Shadow style much. And never in an extended body of text.

If you really need a drop shadow (on display text), I'd do it in an illustration program, or possibly Photoshop.
    Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

Step and repeat your text right on top of your original text. Change color, tint, etc.. to whatever you want. Move new text box to back. use arrows to move your newly created "drop shadow" where you want it. Yes, its super cheesy I know but thats what we had to do here before we moved on up to CS.
      I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

^^I've used that method before, works well when you need it. Doesn't make a traditional 'blurry' drop shadow, but if you need text to stand out from a background and you don't have Quark 7 yet (or InDesign for that matter), it's the easiest alternative.

The shadow feature you talk about is a faux style. Cheesy, but not even real cheese. It's more like processed Velveeta or aerosol cheese. I've never, not even once, found a use for it. Not even a purposely bad one.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I was taught to never use the drop shadow feature in Quark (we run 6.5) because some rips have problems with it. I don't know if the lady teaching me was being truthful or if, as in a bunch of other things I've found out since then, she just didn't really have a handle on whats going on and it was easier to tell me that then to say she didn't know why she did things the way she did and it might very well work either way.

Comment

the step and repeat dont work to well for spot colour process as if you have a colour text iut normal over prints or you can see the shaddow through the text sometimes,

Comment

Originally posted by seamas View Post
              If you really need a drop shadow (on display text), I'd do it in an illustration program, or possibly Photoshop.
              Here you go then.

Comment

Unless you have the Shadowcaster Xtension....... Or can lay hands on one. For a while they were offering it for free on the Quark Download page. That said, I'd print to Postscript and Distill rather than using Q's pdf output.

Quark's Stylize palette has caused nothing but heartache through the years.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X