PDF creation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF creation

im trying to output a spot colour page i have which is text and 1 image.

this has been created in 6.1 and outputted as deviceN

when i output to pdf i get the pdf file but i get the following error, array lenth is out of range and the file is empty

if i output As is then i get the page but with an error and it doesn't display the image.

ive tried outputting the file to postscript and distilling the item but i get an error for a missing font which isn't used

help!

You'll get the "array length is out of range" error when an image in the layout has a very long path name embedded. In your pdf export settings, make sure the OPI is unchecked, this should take care of that.

I'm not sure about the other errors though.

blog/portfolio

Comment

yeah the image is a tiff with a large clipping path, i need this clipping path!

Comment

i unticked OPI and still arrey lenght error!

i can get it to convertto pdf if i send it to the adobe PDF printer through the print menu, but tis doesn't fix the problem as i need to get this off as correct PD for the printers

Comment

image is here

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=43420

Comment

Originally posted by kitcorsa View Post
            yeah the image is a tiff with a large clipping path, i need this clipping path!
            You misread Virgo's post. Does the "name" of the path have a very long filename? Not is the path a big path in terms of scope. I think she meant are you trying to write a book in the name of the clipping path? As in "Clipping Path" vs. "I think that I shall never see, a clipping path as great as thee." ?
            "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile View Post
              You misread Virgo's post. Does the "name" of the path have a very long filename? Not is the path a big path in terms of scope. I think she meant are you trying to write a book in the name of the clipping path? As in "Clipping Path" vs. "I think that I shall never see, a clipping path as great as thee." ?
              That post makes me happy. <giggle>
              This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile View Post
                the path is called path1 so nope not that problem. the screen shot can been seen here

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=43420

Comment

Not the name of the clipping path. The clipping path has nothing to do with it.

We're referring to the length of the filename path. As in: C:\Users\Kitcorsa\My Documents\Graphic Stuff\Pretty Graphic Stuff\Dance Client\Contact at Dance Client\2009\Brochures\Schedule\Images\dancer.tif. The file pathname is essentially the file's 'address' on the computer: instructions for where to find it. As in "On Drive C, in this user's partition, then go into this folder, then this folder within that, and this folder within that, etc... If the path to an image is stupid long like my example, it will cause errors with the pdf creation.

I'm not sure if that's what your problem is though, since you unchecked the OPI and still get the error. Perhaps try putting the project directly onto your desktop (along with the images, and make sure the images are updated in the Quark file) and try again. No idea if that would help, but perhaps the whole project is buried in folders within folders and that would be my next step.
                  Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 02-19-2009, 09:32 AM.

blog/portfolio

Comment

LOL, Virgo, thanks for clearing that up.
                    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

it saved in the the same folder as the quarks file (well image folder after collect for output) this is why i cant figger out why i getting the error

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• adamlevine
                        Games in this Christmas
                        adamlevine
                        Games in this Christmas
                        I am planning to organize play with his family during Christmas break. Can someone give me the idea about the game? The venue is indoors or outdoors
                        Yesterday, 10:11 PM
                      • PrintDriver
                        Reply to Advice on simple banking-style design
                        PrintDriver
                        Too many words.
                        I grew up playing text only adventure games. The banking was always the easiest part. You put your loot into whatever passed for a ''bank'' and kept on playing.

For...
                        Yesterday, 08:09 PM
                      • GreyOsprey
                        Protecting from unauthorized use by a school, when parent's hired me for the work?
                        GreyOsprey
                        Hey all,

I searched for any article like this, however found none. I'm figuring that is because of the strange nature of this project.

I was approached by one of the parent's...
                        Yesterday, 06:35 PM
                      • Splashsky
                        Advice on simple banking-style design
                        Splashsky
                        So, for a little background, I'm working on a text-based web game as a passion project. I'm no designer; far from it. I'm working on the banking feature of the game, which as a few features. The banking...
                        Yesterday, 12:10 PM
                      • PrintDriver
                        Comment on QuarkXPress 2017 introduced
                        PrintDriver
                        Hi wcali, nice rant. A lot of the software companies are forgetting their main purpose in life.
                        The Output.
                        As a printer, I have been going round and round with Adobe over features they have...
                        Yesterday, 08:46 AM
                      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                      Working...
                      X