Paths

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paths

I have an error when creating a PDF which has to do with an image.

the image is very basic Greyscale TIFF and consists of a solid black background with a clipping path in a shape which i then recolour in quarks!

attached is the tiff and a scheen shot of what im doing, is their another way to do this without the errors? the errors i get are arrey lenght errors in the PDF.

or is their a way quarks can create a box/shape from my path in the tiff??

programs i have are

quarks 6.1
    photoshop 7
    adobe acrobat pro 8
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 02-18-2009, 06:01 AM. Reason: .zip removed. Sorry.

No one is going to DL your zip file. Please post a screen capture if you need too...
    Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

the zip only contains the tiff file and a screen shot, ill attached the screen shot here but i cant attach the tiff file as they aren't accepted so i did a screen shot of the tiff in photoshop
      Attached Files

Comment

what ive done for this is redraw the path in quarksxpress 6.1 and fill it with white, this fixes the problem on this page but it will be a nightmare with some other images and the drawing function in quarks is terrible comp to paths in photoshop

Comment

Your path in PS is not a Clipping Path, that's your issue...

http://www.ehow.com/how_2087544_make...ping-path.html
          Last edited by CkretAjint; 02-18-2009, 06:00 AM.
          Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

it is a clipping path here :S

and does clip in quarks :S

Comment

So why are you redrawing the box in Quark? Talk about a waste of time, by doing it twice.

Comment

Originally posted by CkretAjint View Post
                So why are you redrawing the box in Quark? Talk about a waste of time, by doing it twice.
                because im getting an error when getting it ready for print, array lenght errors on the PDF and its to do with this image path.

Comment

what exactly is the error message. An Array length error might not have anything to do with your path. Do you have the path enabled in quark? What were the settings you used for the path?
                  “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

See this for more on array length errors: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...t=array+length
                    “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

How are you going about making your pdf? Are you exporting or are you printing to postscript then distilling?
                      WYSIWYG

Comment

Why not export the path as an .eps if all you're using it for is a solid fill?

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Originally posted by Craig B View Post
                          Why not export the path as an .eps if all you're using it for is a solid fill?
                          never tried that, ive never used a eps in quarks before. i tried exdporting the path as illustrator and importing into quarks but that just gave me an error about post script images.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                          Working...
                          X