Photos in quark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos in quark

when I print my test piece my eps graphic is coming in black. another designer once suggested I change the format, but when I go into photoshop my only other options are psd, pdf, or raw. why is the artwork coming in black?

low-res print? print images as black and white only??
    Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

No it's hi res duo

Comment

So it's a duotone eps image that you're trying to place in a Quark layout, but it's printing black? It shows up fine onscreen? What software versions are you using, and on what platform? Not sure if knowing that would help me, but perhaps it might clue someone else in.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Yes - great

Comment

I am working around it - I've made my final job a PDF and printed that - but I was curious as to why this happens every once in a while.

Comment

I haven't had trouble with a straight up Photoshop duotone eps in Quark. Is the image by any chance multichannel? Those also save as an eps. The save as settings in Photoshop have to be a certain way to make a multichannel image behave and separate correctly. I used to have a cheat sheet around here somewhere with those settings, but it's currently MIA.

If it is a multichannel image, try a Google search on Photoshop, saving multichannel DCS images, and Quark.

Comment

Quark is, well... quirky. I personally don't remember having a situation like that, but I know duotones sometimes end up being tricky. Sometimes a workaround like what you describe will do the trick. Is this printing in 2-color?

blog/portfolio

Comment

Yes and it's just the composite for the marketing manager - when we send it to print to the film house, they don't have any trouble. Oh well. Quark is quacking again.

Comment

Don't forget Quark will only print decent to a Postscript printer.

Comment

^^ That was something my brain was tossing around, but I don't know enough about printers to have really brought up any good questions or suggestions so I kept my mouth shut.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post
                        Don't forget Quark will only print decent to a Postscript printer.
                        Ditto and or a PPD issue.
                        WYSIWYG

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                        Working...
                        X