Color in Quark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color in Quark

I recently purchased QuarkXPress 8 and noticed that some of my colors are off. The biggest problem is in the color blue. It comes looks like purple to me. Any ideas on where to go or fix this issue?

Ar you talking about how the colors look onscreen or in print? I know in 7 you can change the onscreen color profile in the preferences. Dunno about 8, though I doubt they'd take that preference away.

blog/portfolio

Comment

are the colors set for RGB or CMYK?

i know with 5/6 the colors would look really bright on screen and actually set to the RGB spectrum.
      Dribbble Page
      Behance Portfolio
      Linkedin Profile

Comment

i have the color profile set to Adobe RGB color profile. Is there anything else I should check?

Comment

You might want to check with your printer that they want the files in Adobe RGB....

Comment

whats the default color profile for it?

Comment

I would assume Adobe RGB
              Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

I think you're one post short Ckret...i said i set it to Adobe RGB, then printer told me to check with the printer to see if they want it to be set to Adobe RGB. Then I asked what Quark is normally defaulted to for the profile. I've never changed it in the past and I only started messing with it because blue appears purple on my monitor when i view artwork.

Comment

how do i check to see what the colors are set to?

Comment

what values/breakdown is teh Blue you are using?
                    Dribbble Page
                    Behance Portfolio
                    Linkedin Profile

Comment

R,g,b = 0,0,100

Comment

perhaps convert to CMYK and see what the build is.
                        Red Green and Blue normally come up as RGB builds and other colors use a CMYK to start. Though an RGB Blue with that reading should be fine i would think...almost too blue.
                        Dribbble Page
                        Behance Portfolio
                        Linkedin Profile

Comment

now, here comes the dumb question...how do i convert it to CMYK (or to RGB) from within Quark?

Comment

open the color. (edit) either from cmd/right clicking on teh color in the palette or getting to color from the tool bar.
                            EDIT, you should see RGB, click the arrow, and go up or down.
                            I don't have Quark at home or I could explain better. should be an easy process once you see it.
                            Dribbble Page
                            Behance Portfolio
                            Linkedin Profile

Comment

Ok, I thought so, just making sure. Something is wrong. This is what I see:

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X