Facing Pages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facing Pages

Can I view in quark facing pages as single pages, so I shouldn't have to scroll the layout right and left, only vertical, and still have a right master for the right pages and a left master for the left pages?

Um, I don't think so. Though someone else may know differently. What version of Quark, and what OS?

blog/portfolio

Comment

QuarkXPress 6.0
      Windows xp

Comment

You could set your layout up as single, non-facing pages, with a different master for what should be left and what should be right. But if you want to ultimately print as spreads, you should probably leave it as facing pages, and just deal with scrolling.
        "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

thanks all,

more ideas are welcome?

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile View Post
            You could set your layout up as single, non-facing pages, with a different master for what should be left and what should be right. But if you want to ultimately print as spreads, you should probably leave it as facing pages, and just deal with scrolling.
            ^ pretty much.

it sounds like a recipe for disaster just for the sake of avoiding a bit of scrolling. if you are designing something that will be printed as spreads, then set it up as facing pages.

Comment

just drag the page in the layout box on the on the left (f4 if you cant see it) and just drag the page onto the side of the other page.

ie drag page 5 onto the side of page 4 then you can see the pages together.

Comment

If you're asking how to view them on your monitor as a two page spread instead of the single page, use the keyboard command ALT/CTRL/0 (the number 0, not the letter o)
                (CTRL/0 is the key command for a single page view)

HTH

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X