• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error on font when exporting

why do i get errors like this??

font is Bell Gothic Std Black and is open type not true type
    Attached Files

What version of Quark are you using? What OS are you using? What font manager are you using?

Comment

windows XP
      Quarks 6
      PDF exported via quarks
      fonts all standard windows and quarks stuff

Comment

Make sure you embed the fonts when exporting.
        Does it give you any errors when exporting, like "the font can't be embedded due to licensing restrictions"?

Comment

yeah the pdf is set correct, i use it all the time just this random font i cant get to export, font was supplied by customer, no errors in the error log, just totally random.

Comment

Print it to a postscript and distill it.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

^^^I second that. Quark's PDF export, at least in Version 6, is super flaky. I'm not sure if they improved it in later versions, but when we were still using Quark regularly (last version we used regularly was 6.5), I would always print to Postscript and use Distiller to make the PDF.
              "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile View Post
                ^^^I second that. Quark's PDF export, at least in Version 6, is super flaky. I'm not sure if they improved it in later versions, but when we were still using Quark regularly (last version we used regularly was 6.5), I would always print to Postscript and use Distiller to make the PDF.
                Yep yep yep. I never export from Quark always print n distill.

Comment

i always seem to get errors when printing to postscript then distilling. distiller always causes errors for the printers.

Job a a spot colour jobs and is only 2 plates, black and a pantone plate.

Comment

Then you have incorrect distiller options and/or there is a problem with the way the file is set up.

Your printers should be able to send you distiller options for making a pdf. Failing that send them the quark file with all the links and fonts and get them to make a pdf for you.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

we used to send the quarks files up but the printers i use now dont use quarks anymore and use indesign, hence i send PDFs ready for printing.

isolved this problem but finding a different font that look almost the same and customer was happy. so much hastel for £5 it not worth it

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                      Working...
                      X