QuarkXPress 5 EPS import problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuarkXPress 5 EPS import problem

I import an EPS file that I created in Illustrator and when I place it in the picture box, it's very jaggy and it prints jaggy. The TIFF files are excellent.

I'm saying this because I have a job interview Thursday, and they use Quark.

In InDesign, it doesn't have that problem. The EPS files prints very clear and smooth.

It has to be the program being run on a PC.

It's probably that you don't have a postscript printer.

Try making a PDF of the page and print that. That would work better - from what I remember - it's been 3 or 4 years since I used Quark.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

The poor display onscreen is due to Quark's default low-res preview.

As for printing, make sure your image is still linked. That will result in poor output. Also be aware that with Quark, unless you're outputting to a postscript printer, the results may not be very good.

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
        It's probably that you don't have a postscript printer.

Try making a PDF of the page and print that. That would work better - from what I remember - it's been 3 or 4 years since I used Quark.
        I saved it as a EPS page. Then I opened it in Illustrator and it was okay.

Its a newspaper, and I'm sure that the EPS situation is not a problem. I have a plain ink jet, and I was making a portfolio piece.

Comment

If you've to save from Quark to Eps and open in Illustrator then you're on the way to a Chutzpah Award.

The problem is not with the eps your placing in Quark.

It's to do with the way Quark sends the data to your printer. You have to have a postscript printer with the ppd's printing from quark.

Putting the EPS into Quark and saving the page as an eps and opening it up in Illustrator is just not good way of working. It will lead to problems.

As I say, print to a postscript file and then distill the PDF. You will be able to print the pdf from Acrobat with quality.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X