deleting pages in QX5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleting pages in QX5

Only recently started to use QX5 and trying to complete a project of Newsletter with facing pages.

I have a stubborn page which I want to remove and have tried many times either via Doc Layout/click page icon and click delete and/or page/delete

When I try either of these methods the page appears to be removed in Doc Layout but as soon as do anything else the page returns. How do I get rid of this (now blank) page all together ? I have tried moving everything else up so the 'blank page' filled but then I end up with a blank page at the end which is also unwanted

Sure I'm being a complete idiot but it's driving me nuts !

Help !

When deleting a facing page, Quark will automatically move the subsequent pages up to fill in the spot. It just does that.

Are your text boxes on any of the pages in question linked? This can also cause some hairy things to happen when you try to delete pages or boxes within the chain.

blog/portfolio

Comment

still having problems

Hi Virgo. Thanks for your advice. The page I'm trying to remove is empty. I have tried moving subsequent pages up so that the empty pag eis filled but a) QX5 doesn't seem to want to move any images on those pages with them and b) if I move everything up I end up with an empty page at the end and I can't seem to remove that either.

I try the methods to delet mentioned previously and everything looks fine in Doc Layout and on the workspace but as soon as move on to my nexttask the 'deleted page' pops back.

What am I doing wrong ????

Comment

Are these images on the master page at all? If so, Quark may be trying to keep left-page items on the left, and right-page items on the right. I don't see any reason why you can't delete the last page, unless like I mentioned before, you have an automatic text box on the master page that insists on flowing a few extraneous returns from the page before onto a new page.

Other than that I'm not sure. I don't have a lot of experience with Quark 5, I didn't really get too deep into Quark until version 6.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X