X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting to pdf

Windows XP
    QXP 6.5

So a week ago we got a new anti virus and it has been a living hell. Between the constant crashes when i try to go to the image setter or open bridge (got that figured out), now when I try to export a pdf out of quark I get "To save layout to a pdf a PostScript printer must be set up to print to file". My postscript printer is set up to print to file.

No problems exporting out of InDesign.

Any ideas?
    I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

What happens if you go File>Print and choose Postscript and print to file, then throw the postscript file into distiller?

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
      What happens if you go File>Print and choose Postscript and print to file, then throw the postscript file into distiller?
      That works fine. It's only when I export to pdf.
      It's no biggie, just really annoying. I was wondering if anybody else had experienced something similar.

It all started with that damn anti-virus.

Comment

My PC (running XP) does the same thing.
        I have never been a fan of the Jaws pdf creation.
        When we did the straight export to pdf, we would get some of the images as low res and some as high res (used it on Macs and PCs).
        I now always used the .ps and distiller route, it's much safer (you will get a better PDF file I think) and it works.

Comment

The most important thing is that it works.

As for ps printing or straight export to pdf, i can't say one is safer than the other.

What works works and that's it.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

I am trying to save my page as an eps file (for one reason or another exporting to PDF or saving as a .ps file won't work) in Quark 6.5. When I attempt to enter a bleed of .125" in the Symmetric box it repeats every character/number I enter. It enters as ..112255. Is this a quirk within Quark or is there a Preference setting that is causing this? I usually can work around this problem, but like I said I'm having problems exporting to a PDF or saving as a Postscript file. I know that this problem persists on the other 2 other workstations in my office as well. Thank you...

Comment

Try re-starting Quark

Comment

I've had a very similar thing happen in 6.5 (I had just updated to Leopard). When trying to import a pdf, I'd enter the page number and the characters would be doubled. Restarting did not help in my situation. I updated to 7 and have since had no problems.

blog/portfolio

Comment

It must be a Quark 6.5 issue. I've restarted my computer on several occasions as well as run Applejack, but to no avail. I also thought maybe is was some weird ligature issue, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Oh well, just another reason to love InDesign all the more. Thank you for your input.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• StudioMonkey
                    Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                    StudioMonkey
                    The step and repeat in Illustrator can do patterns and vary the size and even the rotation, to set parameters or at random. This will give you a vector file but Paintshop Pro and PhotoShop are not vector...
                    Today, 06:23 AM
                  • HotButton
                    Comment on Flyer Crtitique
                    HotButton
                    It's just what I call it when people use an expression that actually says or means the opposite of what is intended; ''could care less'' would be another prime example.
                    Yesterday, 11:44 PM
                  • B
                    Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                    B
                    That makes sense, I guess. Off is the inverse of on, which makes based off the inverse of based on. Got it. ...
                    Yesterday, 08:50 PM
                  • B
                    Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                    B
                    Okay, I know what a colloquialism is, but what is an inverse colloquialism?

Probrien, in addition to HotButton's comments, which I agree with, the ad is a bit confusing. Maybe it's lacking...
                    Yesterday, 08:48 PM
                  • PrintDriver
                    Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                    PrintDriver
                    ''Based off'' is inverse of ''based on.'' ''Based on'' is a colloquialism.
                    I think.
                    I have not had enough to drink to play this game.

o O
                    Yesterday, 08:27 PM
                  GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X