problems creating PDF from quark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems creating PDF from quark

I am trying to make a PDF from quark by creating a .ps file and then distilling it. I keep getting this error in distiller:

%%[ Error: undefinedresult; OffendingCommand: stringwidth ]%%

Stack:
    (-)
    false

As far as I can see the settings are correct, does anyone have any ideas on whats causing this error?

Btw quark sucks! I have normally use indesign now but unfortunately this is an old quark file that needs some updating!

That message is kinda generic, you can get that with a whole slew of different issues.
    It could possibly be a font problem, but who knows.
    What version of Quark?
    What driver are you using to make the .ps file with?
    Make sure you select the same printer/driver in the page set-up and in the print dialog box.
    Have you tried going from ASCII to Binary in the output tab?

Comment

Actually I've managed to solve the problem now.

I did the same process of creating a PDF with all of the pages in the document until I found one that was causing the problems.

It was caused by a text box that was rotated!! When it was straight it made a PDF no probs, as soon as it rotated there were errors. I just made a new text box and it worked fine!

Quark grrrrr!

Comment

Gotta love that quark!
        It keeps you busy and gives you yet another reason to drink!

cheers and glad you got it sorted!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Biggs097
          Reply to Poster for a school project
          Biggs097
          Yeah, it's looking a bit drab.

Find a nice high-res photo of a beach on a royalty-free site. Lose the transparency, the photo doesn't need to be washed out, just find a vibrant beach scene...
          Today, 12:02 PM
        • B
          Reply to A question about advancing education
          B
          Here's a paraphrased version of an actual conversation I had with our HR department a few months back. Seriously.

Me -- "How many job applicants did we receive for the open position?"...
          Today, 11:45 AM
        • designzombie
          designzombie
          Certifications might make the difference when choosing between 2 seemingly equally qualified candidates with equally impressive portfolios. But that's only after all other qualifications such as 4-year...
          Today, 11:19 AM
        • HotButton
          Reply to Poster for a school project
          HotButton
          And for a beach party, I'm sure you can do better than this photo of a pier.
          Today, 10:04 AM
        • KitchWitch
          KitchWitch
          Hi Roland198 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
          Today, 09:25 AM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X