Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quark missing links

I'm having a quark issue,

We have mac users in the office. We all work on the same quark files. Sine I updated to 10.5 Whenever I open a file from a 10.4 user, or the 10.4 users upen a file I made on 10.5 all of the links to the pictures are broken. The 10.4 users can see each others just fine.

We have now tried to update one of the other computers to 10.5 as well. Now my computer can't see links on the files from the new 10.5 or the 10.4. But the new 10.5 and the 10.4 are still working together.

Is there some sort or permission that would have changed when I updated to 10.5? Why am I not able to see the links created by other users? The picture files themselves have not been moved. They stay on the same place on the server.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Can you try to reconnect the links, or do the files just not show up in the folder at all? Are the images on a server?

Either way, probably a good idea to just update all of the computers to the latest OSX Update if your not having issues with other things.

Could also be a permissions thing....make sure the images can all be read/write by all users if sharing on a server.
    | Valerie |
    "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
    -Ben Harper

Comment

I have checked the permissions on the files, and we all have access to read/write/modify.

When I open a file that has been edited by someone else the files show up as ghosted images, when I go into utillites it shows me the path to the file and it is correct but when I try to reconnect it tells me the link is broken. How can it have the correct file path but not be able to update? I have to manually go out and find each picture...

Comment

hmm when you manually go to update the link, does it recognize all of them, and then update the rest automatically? I've heard of people having issues like this before when images are shared over a server like that.

You might want to hit the quark forums for this one..sounds kind of wacky.
        | Valerie |
        -Ben Harper

Comment

It's very wacky...

The problem is a lot of these images are in different places on the server. So it makes things a little bit more strange. It's just so odd that the path of the images is perfectly correct, and yet it can't update them...

Comment

I can't help you. Quark and servers has always been a bane to my existence. I've always kept image links for a job in one folder, even if it meant making copies and dropping the Q doc in with them. Most times dragging to the desktop to make the work go quicker.

Are all of your versions of Quark the same? You talk about OS but not the Q versions. Even if they are off by a .x or rev number you may have issues.

Comment

I was going to say what PD just said. I avoid working over a server also....grab the images and resources you need off the server and work locally. That usually prevents issues like this from occuring. Whenever I'm working w/ another designer on a project, we just package all the assets up on the most recent versions and hand them off.
              | Valerie |
              -Ben Harper

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• kbarry
                Reply to Projects to spruce up portfolio
                kbarry
                To be honest, some of it is dated. I've been in publishing for a couple of years and although I did do graphic design, there were several other things I did. Not a lot of things that are incredibly worth...
                Today, 03:27 PM
              • Faye F. Cagle
                Reply to Work from UK for an US company
                Faye F. Cagle
                I think it shouldn't be a problem since you will be working remotely. You can get the wages in USA bank account to avoid tax issues in the UK. It may depend on what visa category your are applying in...
                Today, 02:05 PM
              • Biggs097
                Reply to Poster for a school project
                Biggs097
                Bring the type together. Unify the typography. Something like this. Just an idea.
                Today, 01:10 PM
              • seamas
                Reply to Poster for a school project
                seamas
                Two out of three of the performers were brutally murdered (and hated each other).

That's NOT a fun party.
                Today, 01:07 PM
              • seamas
                Reply to Please critique my jazz poster
                seamas
                Definitely a do-over.

One problem is you have too many quotation marks. You don't need them.

Also, when listing the band members, you should not have Milou on one line, then...
                Today, 11:21 AM
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X