Converting Graphics from Quark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Graphics from Quark

I'm converting a document from Quark to InDesign. I'm using Quark 6.5 and don't have a lower version, so I can't just import to InDesign. No chance of getting anyone around here to pay for the import program (I forget its name), either.

The issue: I have a couple graphics built directly in Quark, kinda like an org or flow chart. Is there any easy way to get it out of Quark into Illustrator or InDesign so that I don't have to rebuild them scratch?

From Quark, do a save as eps or else export to pdf. Then open that with Illustrator. There's bound to be some junk boxes and lines in there but not too awful to clear up. It'll dice up the text a little too.

You can also just place a pdf into InDesign as an image.

Comment

It's been a while since I've used Quark, but does it have an option to save pages as .eps? If so save them out as .eps and open them into Illustrator or place them in InDesign.

If not you could try to export your QuarkXpress fiel as a PDF and then open the PDF in Illustrator or place it into InDesign

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Fantastic! It worked great. I don't like the way the text exported (separate paragraphs for each line), but I can just copy/paste the old text over now.

Thanks, Yoss and Craig!

Comment

Sure thing. And yes, the text usually goes a little wonky.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Quark to InDesign

Markzware also appears to offer a service, instead of buying the full Q2ID app, (which is only $199 though) for converting Quark to InDesign files:

http://markzware.com/blogs/q2id-arti...in/2010/07/02/

Comment

^^^Great to know about the service, GraphicStart. I have the plug-in which works for version 6.5 Quark to InDesign CS2, but we never upgraded it because the requests are so few and far between, and certainly none higher than 6.5, which was the highest we went. Great to know there's a one-off alternative, just in case someone sends a version that the plug-in we have can't handle.
              "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
                Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                PanToshi
                Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                Today, 03:46 PM
              • PanToshi
                Reply to Looking for comments
                PanToshi
                Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                Today, 03:46 PM
              • PanToshi
                Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                PanToshi
                Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                Today, 03:40 PM
              • HotButton
                Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                HotButton
                There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
                Today, 03:36 PM
              • pobrien
                Flyer Crtitique
                pobrien
                Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
                Today, 01:12 PM
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X