Page Size Mystery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Size Mystery

Ok, I'm new to the forum but an old dog at Quark. I started using Quark in 1989.

At one time you could change the Page Sizes that pop up when you create a new document. I am now using Quark 8 and the list that comes up only has a few that I need. There used to be a way to set up the page sizes that popped but that might have been Quark 4 or before.

If anyone has found out how, I'd appreciate being let in on the secret. I've searched all over and can't even find a vague reference.

Welcome to GDF mosinalong. Please read these important threads posted here. They will explain a lot about how the forum runs, from the rules and regulations to frequently discussed topics to the background on some of our lingo and inside jokes.

I hope you enjoy yourself!

I'm sorry I can't help, we switched from QuarkXPress 6.5 to InDesign and I never looked back. There are Quark users here, so be patient.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I'm probably one of the more Quarky users here, but I'm not on 8 yet, so I'm not sure I can answer your question correctly.

Are you trying to set up a new size to automatically show up in the pull-down menu in the dialog box that comes up when you create a new document or you're just having trouble manually entering the sizes?

I know for 7, you can manually enter the specs you want then save those settings as a new standard size. Click on the drop-down menu and select Add...
      Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 10-01-2010, 10:48 AM.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I know for 7, you can manually enter the specs you want then save those settings as a new standard size. Click on the drop-down menu and select Add...
        So I started jumping for joy ... however, not sure if its a Mac thing but there is no Add on my drop-down ... and yes, that's exactly what I wanted. For instance every time I set-up a new business card I have to type in 3.5" x 2" and 1p margins. I know I could set up a template, but my organized (crazy?) little mind refuses to accept that I can't set up that drop down menu to my specifications.
        Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 10-01-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I just checked on a co-worker's machine (with Q8) and you're right, it's not there. Didn't see anything offhand in the preferences either. Not sure what to tell ya...

blog/portfolio

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
            Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
            PanToshi
            Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
            Today, 03:46 PM
          • PanToshi
            Reply to Looking for comments
            PanToshi
            Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
            Today, 03:46 PM
          • PanToshi
            Reply to Flyer Crtitique
            PanToshi
            Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
            Today, 03:40 PM
          • HotButton
            Reply to Flyer Crtitique
            HotButton
            There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
            Today, 03:36 PM
          • pobrien
            Flyer Crtitique
            pobrien
            Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
            Today, 01:12 PM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X