Quark sending text to back layer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
    Get the snot nosed punk who's brown nosing the boss to do it on your computer. See if they are doing something you're not? Might turn out that it's either a problem with the file, the software or something.

But unless you try remedies and alternate workflows to track down the issue you are going to keep having the same problem.

snot nosed... he he he....

I have suggested that many times when I start getting frustrated and he says "something wrong Jacquie?' in a condescending tone.... I say how would you like to work at my station???? and he just shuts up!

You are right about the remedies... you have to rule it out in order to find the problem - I am trying this but I have been trying to find the remedy for 8 months and still having the issue... and some of my previous sugestins have been answered by "that isnt really an option because we dont have the production time." What the $*()*^$$@$^$%#@!

I give up... well not really, but going to take a break and eat some chocolate
    sigpic

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods - Albert Einstein

Comment

When in doubt... turn to chocolate I could go for some chocolate right about now...

Making a clipping path for a rabbit cage will do that to you...
      Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Well the next time you are asked why it happened, say you have had this problem for 8 months and have not been given the production time to remedy the issue. The issue will continue indefinitely until the production time is generated to allow sufficient time to remedy the issue, until then cest la vie.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Jacquie what city in Canada are you in. I swear you work for a company I interviewed with and after looking at their equipment and all boys attitude said hell no.

Keep fighting, keep pushing the issue that your computer is not working. It may take a bit but eventually someone may listen.
          (and copy and pasting from one document to the next isn't the end of the world... does Quark have library functions like InDesign? That is how we do all our approved and picked up ads and put them into the magazine files)
          I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Originally posted by The Artist View Post

Making a clipping path for a rabbit cage will do that to you...
            OMG - I feel for you... I had to close crop 3 bale wrappers and in one pic there was a row of them and all the same color. Trying to decipher which part belonged to the one I was cropping was a nightmare... I still have marching ant nightmares!

Eugene - You are correct and I am also refusing to let them touch my book before I have proofed it. If they still insist then they are releasing me, in writing, of all responsibility!

Audentia - I live in Ottawa and I will keep pushing this issue. I will play on a bus but I wont get thrown UNDER it!
            Last edited by DeMilo_GR; 01-12-2011, 11:37 AM.
            sigpic

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DeMilo_GR View Post
              I will play on a bus but I wont get thrown UNDER it!
              That's a good saying... I like that.

Yeah there are a few items here at work that I truly LOATH close-cutting... Rabbit cages are definitely one of them, anything with bristles, the list goes on...

Comment

are you currently up to date with your software?

I recently just reinstalled quark 7 on my machine and realized how buggy the original install was compared to 7.5

I saw that they are up to 8.5 - maybe downloading an updater would help?
                Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

8.5 is LIGHT YEARS! Ahead of 7/7.3

It's a lot more "InDesign-esque"

Comment

Originally posted by The Artist View Post
                    8.5 is LIGHT YEARS! Ahead of 7/7.3

It's a lot more "InDesign-esque"
                    Are you tring to kill unicorns?

Comment

I have to wait until i get my CS5 upgrade for Quark 8. We skip every adobe version and only purchase the upgrade after all the kinks are worked out by the guinea pigs
                      Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                      http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
                        Are you tring to kill unicorns?
                        I think I'm missing an inside joke...

Comment

Everytime you say that Quark is "inDesign-esque" a unicorn dies.

Comment

I just had a thought while working with a rather ornery InDesign file this morning.
                            The layers were rearranging themselves based on the color label order when copy pasting from one doc to the next. Yes, we do that too, all the time. Drag and drop, never.
                            It was with Paste Remembers Layers turned on.

I don't know if Quark has an equivalent. I haven't used it in probably 2 years now and in v 7.5 the layers palette was still not easy to navigate.

Might want to check that out.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• seamas
                              Comment on Poster for a school project
                              seamas
                              I dunno, I think it is worse when the dead headliners DO show up.

Not very sexy imho
                              Yesterday, 05:18 PM
                            • PrintDriver
                              Comment on Looking for the graphic designer of a certain graphic
                              PrintDriver
                              I'm a creature of necessity. A lot of times the end client will want an actual signed release and a real photo credit, so you have to attempt to find the artist.
                              Love doing image research for projects....
                              Yesterday, 05:10 PM
                            • PrintDriver
                              Reply to Work from UK for an US company
                              PrintDriver
                              All I can suggest is consult a tax expert in the UK. If your company doesn't mind you moonlighting like this, maybe they could suggest someone for you.
                              Income is Income and the Gov always seems...
                              Yesterday, 05:05 PM
                            • PrintDriver
                              Comment on Work from UK for an US company
                              PrintDriver
                              I do business with people in the UK a lot. Because the gig they hire us for is going to be in the US, they time shift their design staff so they are available during US Eastern Time. It's the only way...
                              Yesterday, 05:02 PM
                            • PrintDriver
                              Comment on Poster for a school project
                              PrintDriver
                              Especially if the headliners aren't going to show up...
                              Yesterday, 04:55 PM
                            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                            Working...
                            X