Pages in Quark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pages in Quark

As much as I utterly loathe Quark, I am forced to use it on occasion as my boss refuses to use Indesign.

Anyway, one of my biggest frustrations is that I can make a page active by clicking on it in the main window (like you would in Indesign). This makes it very annoying when copying/pasting in place, as you have to either select the thumbnail in the Page Layout window, or scroll up and down the document until you magically get the right one, instead of just clikcing on the page you want to paste to.

I know its a minor issue but its doing my head in. I hope Ive made myself clear - if anyone knows of any setting or workaround I'd be eternally grateful.

I'm not sure I fully understand your question?

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Haha I thought it was worded strangely.

Suppose I have copied something to the clipboard and I want to paste it on page 12.
      In Indesign, I can click on Page 12 in the main layout window, and then paste in place for it to appear on page 12.

But in Quark, I have to either click the page 12's thumbnail in the little Page Layout Window, or select it from the list at the bottom. I cant actually click on the page itself.
      So its a bit of a trial and error process.

Does that make sense?

Comment

Command-j, or "Go to Page …"

Comment

Still don't understand, I don't even get what you mean about doing it in InDesign?

Are you saying that you copy something on page 2, then highlight that page in the Pages Panel and then choose Paste in Place?

Comment

Eugene, after reading your reply twice, I'm confused too.

Comment

You're confused about my reply or the question by Paj?

Comment

Paj's question.

Comment

Quark will paste objects onto whatever pasteboard is visible at the top of the main window. So if you're looking at the second spread, but there's a sliver of the first spread's pasteboard visible at the top of the window, any objects you paste will go to the spread above.

Odd I know. I've just come to be aware of it and deal with it. I always double-click on the intended recipient in the pages palette so I know that the proper page is front and center in the main window, THEN paste.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Quark is quirky.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                    Quark will paste objects onto whatever pasteboard is visible at the top of the main window. So if you're looking at the second spread, but there's a sliver of the first spread's pasteboard visible at the top of the window, any objects you paste will go to the spread above.

Odd I know. I've just come to be aware of it and deal with it. I always double-click on the intended recipient in the pages palette so I know that the proper page is front and center in the main window, THEN paste.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Quark is quirky.
                    Thats the one. Looks like I'll just have to deal with it then.
                    Handy to know about the pasteboard thingy though, that might ameliorate things.

Perhaps someone has made an XTension for it. *googles*

Comment

So if you're looking at the second spread, but there's a sliver of the first spread's pasteboard visible at the top of the window, any objects you paste will go to the spread above.
                      This. Sucks.
                      I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Don't kill the messenger.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Not at you.

Thats always been one of my biggest Quark peeves. Look at what page you're on. Send that page to platesetter. Plate is not at all what you're after. Oh, I see. I have the tiniest hint of page 15 still at the top of my screen. F.

Comment

I know that wasn't aimed at me. Just saying that I'm not gonna make excuses for the quirkiness of Quark. I just have to use it nearly every day and deal with its... quirkiness.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I just have to use it nearly every day
                              My sympathies .

Maybe we can hold a raffle and get you Indy and Audi a waffle iron.

Seriously though, what version of Quark do you run? OS?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
                                Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                                PanToshi
                                Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                                Today, 03:46 PM
                              • PanToshi
                                Reply to Looking for comments
                                PanToshi
                                Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                                Today, 03:46 PM
                              • PanToshi
                                Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                                PanToshi
                                Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                                Today, 03:40 PM
                              • HotButton
                                Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                                HotButton
                                There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
                                Today, 03:36 PM
                              • pobrien
                                Flyer Crtitique
                                pobrien
                                Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
                                Today, 01:12 PM
                              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X