Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quark trial installation problems

Hey all,
    I'm trying to install a trial version of Quark that I downloaded from their official website. Whenever I click on the DMG file (I'm downloading on Mac) I get the error message "The following disk images couldn't be opened:
    qxp95_mac.dmg not recognized".

I have had no issues installing other software; its just this one.

Is this a common occurrence? Or am I just screwed? thanks, all.
    Last edited by MagicSteve83; 02-20-2013, 02:19 PM. Reason: spelling

What OS? Does your computer meet the minimum requirements?

You may need to contact Quark for a resolution.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Snow Leopard 10.6.8. My computer does indeed meet the requirements.

I contacted support and am awaiting a response; I just thought I'd also post here to see if anyone had come across a similar problem and knew of a fast way to fix it. Thanks.

Comment

Hate to say it, but good luck getting a response. About a year ago we were having problems with Quark 9. Sent over 20 emails and made at least 10 calls over the course of three months. They never replied.

I think we're finally seeing the end of Quark.
        http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

You gotta, gotta have to use Quark?

Comment

People still use Quark?

Comment

Every day.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Not that I'm condoning Adobe's monopoly; but what does Quark have that Adobe doesn't?

Comment

In Virgo's case, probaby the home court advantage. I'm guessing they had Quark and never made the switch.
                  This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                  "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

So I guess "diehard customers" is the answer to my question.

Comment

^Bingo.

We have over a decade's worth of Quark files archived which we still pull out and make revisions to and an Art Director who might as well be allergic to change. We have InDesign (as part of the Creative Suite) and use it when a client provides us with ID files to change, but other than that it's been Quark all the way.

Being that I'm job hunting, it also certainly doesn't hurt that I know Quark AND InDesign. And yes, I have seen ads posted looking for people who know Quark with no mention of InDesign.

I know all the ID fans proclaim Quark is dead. It's not. Not yet.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                        ^Bingo.

We have over a decade's worth of Quark files archived which we still pull out and make revisions to and an Art Director who might as well be allergic to change. We have InDesign (as part of the Creative Suite) and use it when a client provides us with ID files to change, but other than that it's been Quark all the way.

Being that I'm job hunting, it also certainly doesn't hurt that I know Quark AND InDesign. And yes, I have seen ads posted looking for people who know Quark with no mention of InDesign.

I know all the ID fans proclaim Quark is dead. It's not. Not yet.
                        It's dying, a slow and tragic death, and all the rats still left on the ship are going to find themselves wet soon enough.

You'd think by it's current market share that it's users would start working in ID so when we do see the last of Quark, they don't still have decades of .qxd in archive.
                        Design is not decoration.

Comment

*shrug*

I'm hoping to not be here when that happens.

blog/portfolio

Comment

maybe I should start investing in companies that make "qxd to indd" software.
                            Design is not decoration.

Comment

I still fire up Quark a few times a week for the same reason Virgo mentioned — lots of existent work in Quark. Most of the important stuff has been rebuilt in ID though. I may be in the minority of people that never managed to develop any real animosity toward Quark. Seeing what Adobe is turning into, I sometimes even kind of mourn its eventual demise.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X