No announcement yet.

Quark trial installation problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have animosity toward Quark. Ironically, I was wearing a Quark T-shirt that I got free from a tradeshow when I made that post yesterday. I liked using Quark when it was popular. But my last upgrade of Quark was a waste of money because I haven't had to use it in the 9 years since.

I don't like Adobe ever since they bought out Macromedia. Monopolies ruin products and customer relations while leaving the customer little or no alternative.

Comment

If Quark were able to offer its program for a fraction of the cost (instead of for just under what it would cost to buy the whole damn Adobe suite including ID), could integrate Adobe formats more easily, and made it far more flexible, it would have a chance.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I loved Quark 4, what's it now 9?

Comment

They're at 9 now, but I'm only up to 8.5 here.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I always found quark to be a little counter-intuitive like I always felt like I was fighting the program to do what I set out to.

I agree Adobe was better before they gobbled up macromedia.
            Design is not decoration.

Comment

I just liked Quark because it was an improvement over Aldus PageMaker (showing my age here) when it came to translating PostScript. But Adobe was always in the better position to do that since they own the PostScript language. And they could easily improve on Quark's software interface with a decade of hindsight.

I just think that Adobe is only a fraction as good as they should be. But hey, innovating too quickly squanders a monopoly's opportunity to milk the market for every last dollar from slow and gradually planned obsolescence. Kind of like fossil fuels, but I digress. Most of the time, Adobe's "new features" are just a new (not necessarily improved) way of doing what old guys like me already knew how to do, even without a workaround. I would probably never upgrade my Adobe software if it weren't for Apple's lack of backward compatibility. But I guess that makes Apple more money too. The customer shake down between Adobe and Apple has me contemplating construction work or truck driving.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X