Rotating Pages in Quark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating Pages in Quark

A friend of mine is using Quark (after many years of not using it). She says she used to be able to rotate her page, including all the art and guides on it, and now she can't find how to do that.

I haven't used Quark in years, so I'm no help. Anyone have any suggestions? Or is this something they did away with?

Thanks!
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

I know nothing of quark...but found this:

The Rotation tool has been removed from the Tools palette. You can now rotate an item or picture by clicking and dragging near a box corner when the rotation pointer <icon_rotate_pointer.jpg> displays.
    Not sure if that is what your friend is looking for though.

...And ....Talk about a fast recognition

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rota...&client=safari

#2 already

Comment

Thanks Kittie.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Just keep an eye on any drop shadows. I don't know about quark, but in InDesign, if you rotate the contents on a page, the drop shadows retain their old orientation.

Comment

Will do. Looks like she's looking for a way to rotate the orientation of the page and everything on it in one move. Go from portrait to landscape and have everything already on the page shift to the new orientation. Not sure if that's possible.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I think Virgo uses Quark on a regular basis. Maybe she'll check in tomorrow.
            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Groovy. I knew I'd read that someone here still used it regularly.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Is the rotation for imposition purposes, or just changing from portrait to landscape for one document?

Comment

My friend's original question read, "I think what I want is to be able to change the layout for a single page in a project - simplest being from portrait to landscape - AND have the guides & art change, too, and have it only applicable to the one page. I believe it used to be an aspect of 'rotation' applied to the page of a document and not the whole document but I could be wrong (it's been that long)."

Does that help?
                  Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

yeah, as far as I'm aware, a Quark document has to have all pages at the same orientation. Anything 'rotated' will have to be done as a seperate document, saved out and imported as a 'graphic' if the whole document has to be supplied in one file.

Comment

Okay, thanks!
                      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                        Just keep an eye on any drop shadows. I don't know about quark, but in InDesign, if you rotate the contents on a page, the drop shadows retain their old orientation.
                        The shadow remains the same - it's based on the angle of the light. If you rotate and object the light angle doesn't change at all, therefore you get a shadow representing the shape from the angle of the light.

You need to change the light angle to get the shadow to change, which makes sense logically.

But it's been a major gripe with InDesign users for a while. There should be at least a "Lock Effects Position" or something option.

But logically it works perfectly.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

I could've sworn this thread was in the Quark subforum, and regarding Quark.

*looks at thread title*

*looks at subforum title*

Huh.
                          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

My bad, I suppose.
                            It doesn't matter if InDesign is behaving 'logically'. It prints wrong if rotated. End of story.

Just mentioning that I've never tried it in Quark and might be a good thing to look out for.

Edit: I just tried it in Quark 7. The drop shadow does not rotate with the objects in exactly the same 'logical' way InDesign doesn't.

Comment

The easiest for me is to use the little rotation boxes in the Measurements palette. Enter a percentage of rotation for your items. Group them first if it's everything on the page.

But you can't have one actual page in a document in a different orientation than the rest. You can have the stuff on the page oriented differently.
                              No cell phone, no Facebook, no iAnything. Am I missing something?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X