Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry level web designer/graphic designer

Good morning.

I know there are some people here that hate their jobs and aren't in the design field yet - so maybe this is where we can help & you can make the change. We're looking for an entry level web designer, no schooling or experience in the field required. The pay will be on the lower end of the scale for now. You'll be starting out at $8/hr doing web design/web development/graphic design and some related "grunt" work.

We need someone who is in Tampa or close enough for a reasonable commute, though you'll be working from home for the first month while we get our new offices situated.
    Marketing tips

Hi,

I'd be happy to help you with your design needs, provided:

- I work from home
    - The pay is higher

I ask this because I am a full-time graphics and web designer whose sole income is freelance-based. I own a small design firm that deals with many corporate and retail clients, so I'm more than just your entry-level designer. If your need is great, and you are unable to fill the positions you have open, shoot me an email at xixao3d [at] gmail [dot] com.

Comment

$8 an hour? Seriously? Wow. I could totally not pay rent with that kind of pay

Comment

^ Yah what is rent in Tampa like these days?
        || Although, for $9 an hour I would do it provided I can work at home, and not have to stop my current freelance gig. I'm great at multi-tasking. =)
        Former GD. Current Photographer
        http://ascottmccauley.com/

Comment

i wish i lived in tampa.
          "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra
          [I]

Comment

If you made 8 here in SLC, you can live off of it in Tampa. BUT good luck with rent payments (cant get a house with that lol), renters insurance, car maint, car payments, car fuel, electricity, phone service, gas (natural gas), food, toiletries, clothes (even walmart clothes), essentials (Laundry soap, ect..)

With 8/hr if you lived by yourself, you better be working 3 jobs or getting some serious overtime.
            pasยทsion
            If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
            -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

I could actually live with $8/hr temporarily, but I have to know that I'll be in a position where I'm learning something. I don't mind a little grunt work for low pay if it's helping me grow.

Can't move, though. Sorry.
              Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

On 8/hr you would really really really be scrapping by, in some cities you would end up living in the slums.

If it was me, and I had no experience (which i do) with web design, I'd take the job, and get another during the evening to make ends meet, do that for 2 years then during that 1+ years I'd be searching for another job. Once I found one with half way decent pay, I'd give my 2 weeks at both jobs, then I would move on.
                pasยทsion
                If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
                -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

This seems more like an internship. I'm in school and I have an internship that only pays about $6.50/hour. This sounds like it'd be a good opportunity for a student. Unfortunately, I'm in Indiana, so I can't take the job.
                  ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

Uh...no.

Actually it's nothing like an internship, nor is the pay low considering that it is for an ENTRY LEVEL DESIGNER with NO EXPERIENCE.
                    Marketing tips

Comment

Oh. I missed that part. It still seems a bit low to me :/

Comment

heh heh heh...not trying to bite anyone's head off - I just think everyone has been commenting on the job without really reading the post. Plus, I know a lot of us WITH experience started off in that same range

This is no experience & OJT
                        Marketing tips

Comment

BTW - your avatar is a trip man, lol.
                          Marketing tips

Comment

Originally posted by jlknauff
                            BTW - your avatar is a trip man, lol.
                            It never ceases to put a smile on my face

Sorry to troll your thread

I'll quietly leave now...

Comment

Well, I have experience but I need more. I just wish it didn't entail living there.
                              Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X