Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Todays Posts, New Posts problem solved (Sorta)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays Posts, New Posts problem solved (Sorta)

Thanks to Scribe and Longboy we have a couple of pretty effective workarounds. First create a couple of new bookmarks/favorites in you browser toolbar. Then add the following links to your new bookmarks.

Todays Posts
    Code:
    http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/forum/search?searchJSON={%22date%22%3A{%22from%22%3A%22lastDay%22}%2C%22view%22%3A%22topic%22%2C%22sort%22%3A{%22lastcontent%22%3A%22desc%22}%2C%22exclude_type%22%3A[%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22,%22vBForum_VisitorMessage%22]}
    Code:
    http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew
    They aren't exactly the same but pretty close. After the holiday weekend we will try and get them added as permanent buttons to the main page.

I have had more time to explore the new forum features and will add a bit to this. After the results are loaded you will be presented with a list of posts that look like the graphic below with some icons on the left. The following may seem obvious to some of you, but I missed their use at first , especially #3, so others may as well.

(Hopefully the image shows since this also has been a problem)

1. The light colored icons show that you have already read all the posts in the thread.
    2. The darker colored icons show that there are unread posts in the thread.
    3. Clicking this icon will take you to the last unread post in the thread.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	14548
    Last edited by skribe; 05-25-2013, 01:27 PM.

Comment

That doesn't work for me, maybe I'm doing something wrong? I can't create a bookmark until I am actually at a place I want to bookmark ?? Using firefox, OS X.
      “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
        That doesn't work for me, maybe I'm doing something wrong? I can't create a bookmark until I am actually at a place I want to bookmark ?? Using firefox, OS X.

Start by going to your bookmarks menu in FF and "show all bookmarks".

a new window will open

Click on "bookmarks menu" in the left side-bar

Then make a new bookmark

paste the code in "location"

click "add"

Put your bookmark where you want it.
        I mashed the sequence into this screen shot. Hope it helps!
        Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

• Designia
          Designia commented
          Editing a comment
          Smiling. You're like the band that kept playing while the Titanic was sinking.

• PanToshi
          PanToshi commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL .. Thanks... I think...

Well, at the end of the day, I can honestly say I gave it my all.

Thanks Pan, I tried that - this is what I get -
        “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

The second one works, though..

Comment

You get that error if you are not logged in.

Comment

Ok, I got it, thanks!

Comment

really?? I have to create bookmarks?? Not gonna happen on my work computer.

The little arrows that are supposed to take you to the last unread post in a thread (as per Skribes post) takes to to page 13 of every thread....even if I've posted something on page 34, it still takes me to page 13, which, in some cases, is more than 3 years old....I don't think that's the last unread post in that thread if I've been posting in it for the last 3 years....
                Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• Buda
                  Buda commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Does Today's Post Filter work for you? The option is to the right of the page thingie.

I've been using this for a while and it's awesome BIG thanks to Longboy & Skribe, you've helped made the transition bearable.

Bladez- I don't bookmark at work either, just copy/paste the link, and select it from the browser history (it's the one that says "Search...")
                Design is not decoration.

Comment

bumping this so I don't have to search for it as I don't think it's a good idea for me to bookmark
                  Design is not decoration.

Comment

I think it should be a sticky.

Comment

• PanToshi
                      PanToshi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Done. Good idea D.

• Designia
                      Designia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I tried to find it a while back and couldn't Thanks Pan!

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X