iPad and GDF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad and GDF

I think it is now widely accepted that the upgraded forum will not work with Tapatalk app. Thankfully, the new design seems to mobile friendly so it is not much of a problem. One thing that bugs me is that I cannot edit posts while on iPad. The button is there but when I hit it, I get a blank field rather than editable text. Anyone else have this problem?
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

I can't get the forum to work on my phone since the upgrade, I'm guessing a lot of the processing is done client side now. My phone is nothing fancy and it can't handle it.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

I can't edit from iPad either. I get the edit box ... but all the text is gone like a fresh reply box

Comment

• Buda
        Buda commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess it means we have to proof read BEFORE hitting Post Reply? Gee, that's no fun at all...

Originally posted by Buda View Post
      One thing that bugs me is that I cannot edit posts while on iPad. The button is there but when I hit it, I get a blank field rather than editable text. Anyone else have this problem?
      Yup, I have the same problem. There's also the problem of the buttons saying things like "Null" instead of submit or cancel or whatever, which always confuses me about whether I'm clicking a reply or cancel button.

I avoid the site when using my iPad or iPhone since I'll invariably see something that I want to comment on, but end up getting frustrated because something or other isn't working right.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Comment

It is a bit ironic since I think one of promo points of vBulletin 5 is better mobile experience.

Comment

I'm curious what the drop-off rate is currently. I'm struggling with this because I'm addicted. New users aren't going to put up with it. Lucky for me, I can't stand interacting with the internet on my work-issued iPhone and don't have an iPad.

There is an awful lot not working efficiently or correctly here even after the heroic efforts of Kool and other admins.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
              I'm curious what the drop-off rate is currently.
              I don't know, the stat thing that could tell me is broke LOL I wonder if VB broke it on purpose?

Despite what the who's online thing, which is also broke says, we are still pulling in lots of traffic. A lot of regulars and semi regulars bailed so the social forums are pretty dead.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X