Is it just me with these bugs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me with these bugs?

Hopefully, this will be the correct place to post this thread.

Okay, so I've read around that this forum had a recent update of some sorts. I'm new here and I'm already having extreme trouble posting and viewing on this website. I just signed up and every time I go to the homepage, I get a complete white screen (with Chrome). Firefox gives me a error "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression." on the homepage. This doesn't happen with any other page other than the homepage. I cannot type in the message box while posting, using Chrome. Luckily, I can with Firefox. The only way I was able to post a new thread was logging out, going to the (hopefully) correct sub-forum, logging in. Then pressing the "New Topic" button.

I don't know if these bugs are already addressed, as it is hard to navigate around the website with all of them. I'm really not trying to be snobby or any of the sorts though it may seem like it...

Hi zevoxa and welcome to GDF. Yes, we've had an upgrade a little while ago, but this forum was hacked yesterday and then moved offline and has only been restored in the last few hours so please bear with us.

We ask all new members to read the threads posted HERE and HERE to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They explain how the forum runs, the rules, frequently discussed topics and our inside jokes. Enjoy your stay!
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I got the compression error this evening as well. Most likely to do with the recent problems, as Buda said.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Alright, well sorry to here about that. Thanks for replying. Can't wait to see this site fully functional.

Comment

I'm getting that error tonight too. Hang in there zevoxa, hopefully things will smooth out and be back to normal soon!
          Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Yeah, sorry about that. Will fix soon.
            Ivan Raszl | GDF Support

Comment

Shoot, I had worse than that. All day yesterday I got a message that I didn't have permission to access this site from this server. Thought terrorists had hijacked it or something.
              No cell phone, no Facebook, no iAnything. Am I missing something?

Comment

• Kool
                Kool commented
                Editing a comment
                They did, we got hacked Sunday afternoon and had to shut down the site for a few days until we could get the exploit they used patched

Firefox issue is apparently fixed. I'm posting from it now.
              http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Fine from Safari, though Safari on iPad can be buggy at times. Blank screens every now and then.
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Blank screens supposedly fixed now.
                  Ivan Raszl | GDF Support

Comment

This forum keeps eating my posts. Last night I wrote out a rather long thread, hit the Post button, and it took me right back to the forum as if I didn't even try creating a thread. Thankfully I had the text in a notepad file. Afterwards I tried again and it worked.

Today I tried to make a reply to the thread and upon hitting the Post Reply button, it just took me back to the thread with no reply posted. No error message, no blank screen; just like nothing happened.

Using Firefox 23.0.1.

Edit: Actually, it ended up working for this post and my previous one but it took about 20 minutes to actually show up. Not sure if maybe that's a feature or something.
                  Last edited by xPhaze; 09-12-2013, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Red Kittie Kat
                    Red Kittie Kat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, it's not a new feature

Remember, your first few posts are moderated. So you won't see them until one of us has logged on and seen that something needs to be approved.

It's not just a first moderated posts issue.

The forum keeps eating my posts too. I'll type out a post and it looks fine in the window so I hit Post Reply, but when I go back to look at it, only the first couple of words show, the rest is gone and the back button will not restore it.

Comment

• Buda
                    Buda commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's doing this again...

Must remember to type everything in TextEdit...

I'm actually finally able to do welcome posts from work, which had been impossible right after the upgrade. Links don't freeze up my browser anymore, though I still tread very carefully, lol.
                  Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
                    Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                    PrintDriver
                    Why would you have someone else's work on your portfolio site?
                    Why would you not honor a takedown notice?
                    Doesn't matter if you don't claim copyright, or even if you credit the work appropriately....
                    Today, 07:50 PM
                  • John G
                    Reply to What do you think about my new web site?
                    John G
                    I'd recommend colored borders. love it that you can scroll down and I think "get all the information". Unfortunately, it's in a foreign language none of anything seems to whittle anythng down,...
                    Today, 07:28 PM
                  • MikeTyler
                    Reply to Help with bitmap to vector conversion
                    MikeTyler
                    The fact that this will be a paint mask and really just needs clean shapes with no regard for color palette I'd assume would be an easier task than taking a full color JPG image and performing the same...
                    Today, 06:31 PM
                  • John G
                    Reply to visually pleasing web design
                    John G
                    Remember all the things that made it easy to find whatever it was you were looking for on a site? Don't forget about it when you make your designs. The designs come second. Content first.

Today, 06:26 PM
                  • Thug-D
                    Comment on What should I do? Problem figuring out what would be more economical to spend on?
                    Thug-D
                    I'm 17. I do not think my passion is going to change because to be honest since the time I was a kid I found computer graphics pretty dope. It's just that last year I got involved in it. At first I thought...
                    Today, 05:58 PM
                  GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X